We were very lucky with the weather and had a fabulous day in my front garden selling cards and some other handmade bits and pieces.

I was very disappointed that after delivering 250 leaflets (donated by Wendy) to houses in the neighbouring streets only 2 people that I wasn't already expecting turned up...shame on all those others!

Despite being visited mainly by friends, 4 of my immediate neighbours and 2 people we weren't expecting we were pleased to raise 130 for Macmillan Cancer Support, and are hoping to hold a few more sales by Mum, Sally and Lou (my sil) hosting card parties at their homes.

One lady from down the road did stop by and donate actually, and we even gave away free tombola tickets to entice people....

1 winner collected their prize leaving a donation in the box, the other collected her prize saying we'd made her day then she just walked away!

Hey ho, nowt you can do about that!

I was quite disappointed that only 4 of my immediate neighbours made it, some even walked past on the other side of the road....and there was I thinking we lived in a community neghbourhood

Oh I just remembered! The lad along the road was walking past and I told him nobody was allowed past without havng a go on the tombola....i said he may win a bottle of wine, some jewellery or he may win be lucky and win the ladies purse!

And he won......yep, the purse..it was so funny!