Thread: Is it worth making a plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we went, we just went where we wanted and when, but I think we missed a lot by not having some sort of plan or schedule.

Would you recommend making some sort of plan, would we be able to see more. We are going for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is always worth making a list before you go with all the things you want to do. it is a surprise how quick the holiday goes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    About the only planning we ever do is for ADRs. However, having said that, if you feel you missed a lot it certainly would not hurt to make a list of those things you really want to get accomplished and prioritize it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    we have never ever made a plan and just wing it. we know where we want to go which is all the parks. we just amble round and do whatever is at each park, we never rush but we seem to get a lot in even then :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Given all the times we've gone to WDW, you'd think I wouldn't find value in a plan, but I do.

Our visits are always better and more enjoyable when we have at least a rudimentary idea of what it is we are going to do. We keep loads of room for changes and spontaneity, but do have at least a rough plan. Sometimes, it's a specific plan.

Even for short visits, we'll have a plan! "Let's go to the Flower and Garden Show today. We'll walk around the World Showcase, take the boy on Nemo and stop into the Cava for a margarita." That's a plan!

Especially, if there are other people involved. A plan saves all sorts of stress. "What do you want to do?" "I dunno. What do you want to do?" That sort of thing drives me bonkers.

ADRs are a bit of a plan assist in themselves. Where you are having a meal can guide your plan for that day, or at least that portion of the day.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done it both ways, I remember the first time we went, DH bought the Unofficial Guide to Disney Book and he made plans for every day. I wasn't that keen but we did get a lot done

Since then the plans have got less and less every year. We still make some decisions, as it can be a waste of a day if neither of us know what we want to do.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 257675
    Given all the times we've gone to WDW, you'd think I wouldn't find value in a plan, but I do.

Our visits are always better and more enjoyable when we have at least a rudimentary idea of what it is we are going to do. We keep loads of room for changes and spontaneity, but do have at least a rough plan. Sometimes, it's a specific plan.

Even for short visits, we'll have a plan! "Let's go to the Flower and Garden Show today. We'll walk around the World Showcase, take the boy on Nemo and stop into the Cava for a margarita." That's a plan!

Especially, if there are other people involved. A plan saves all sorts of stress. "What do you want to do?" "I dunno. What do you want to do?" That sort of thing drives me bonkers.

ADRs are a bit of a plan assist in themselves. Where you are having a meal can guide your plan for that day, or at least that portion of the day.
    I have to laugh Tink. I never really thought about it but yes we do simple plans like this ourselves. When the op asked if we had a plan I was thinking detailed plans. Thanks for bringing me to my senses.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix