Thread: POP Area request

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can all see I am new here so I apoligize if the info I am requesting is already here but I am still learning how explore the threads...I am heading to POP next week. I have not requested a preferred room and do not intend to do so. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when on the property is the best place to request a room. ( I realize that all requests are not always met but from my experience they do try to meet requests whenever they can) I am looking to be close to classic hall and the buses. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help you too much because I always just take what I'm assigned. Never had a problem. :)

Just really wanted to pop in and say that you mustn't apologize for asking questions! We expect questions, like questions and want them! So! Ask away! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    is it possible to request a room or area? and how would we do that??

Post Thanks / Like
    If I understand correctly, you can make your request at the time of reservation. Requesting a specific room would be tricky, I think. Well, not the requesting, but the getting.

Requesting a specific location would be more common and probably more reasonable. I have requested "ground floor" before, things like that.

Water view, or park view, something along those lines is often requested.

However there are no guarantees, so you'll not really know what you are going to get until they've given you your location at check in.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at Pop often and usually request a lake view because it's a little quieter. I'll take my coffee down and sit on the benches. The new resort is being built behind it so I don't know now if that will affect the noise level.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can always call the WDW rez hotline. I had to make a special request (ground floor, close to transportation, adjoining rooms) last year and the CM who fielded my call gave me EXACTLY what I requested.

If you wait until check-in, you take the chance that rooms will already be assigned. Especially this time of year with the high occupancy. Typically I do check-in super early in the morning before rooms are cleaned and assigned so room preferences are simple to accomodate (plus, I never have requests if I'm traveling by myself). If you do early check-in and the room is not ready, they can either text your room number (my preference) or call with an automated message to your cell phone. If you are not travelling with a cell phone, you can go to the desk when you get back from the park and they will let you know. You can also leave your luggage at the front desk if your room is not ready and they will either hold it or deliver it to your room once it is ready (I usually just leave mine out in the Jeep. LOL!)

However, if you aren't going to be checking in until later in the day and you wait to voice your preference, it's possible that your preference will not be able to be accomodated.

If you have a disablility, please call and request your preference whether it's ground floor, close to transporation (busses or parking), or close to the main hall.

Otherwise, it really won't matter. POP! is easy to navigate. I like all the sections (60's and 90's are probably my fave). The farther from the dining hall and pools, the quieter and closer to parking.

YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT STAY! I promise. Don't sweat the room. Really.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a map of Pop showing the preferred rooms which are outlined in yellow.
    [ATTACH]8891.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL