Thread: Few recent macros - O ring test shots

Post Thanks / Like
    Wotcha,

Sorry not been about much . Life as always has got in the way and rankly I am astonished that it's July already! Seems like it wasn't that long ago we had snow.

Becoming increasingly obsessed with photography so thought I'd share a few snaps.

We are all well and the boys are growing at an alarming rate - absolutely no hope of a Florida trip at any point I'm afraid :(

My obsession with the macro stuff is growing - especially as I am learning so much about all thge beasties that visit the garden, genuinely had no idea.

O ring is a cheap plastic ( very cheap - think chocolate box quality plastic) 30 diffuser that nestles around your falsggun and reflects the light in a circle around the lens to give a cheap alternative to a proper macro ring flash.

Well it sort of works - I have anxieties that it wont hold out for long, and even greater anxieties that it will amke me want the real thing.

A few from the weekend -looks better n the original and large good eye detail

Ladybirdframe by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Climbing by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

The eyes and head on this one were really clear on the original - unfortunately shrinking has lost a lot of detail

Nom by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Flies eyes by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    I think theyre excellent Chris really do! I know you're "making do" with the o-ring but wow!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers mate, if you ever geta secand are interested the detail is much betetr on teh 'originals' in flickr - even they are 1/2 sized. Not sure the Flickr resizing codes are the best

Post Thanks / Like
    And just who are you?

Have we met? Should we move this thread over to the "Intros and Welcomes" section?

Seriously... great pictures mate! And greater still to see you back here. Wondered where you'd gotten off to.

Tom (... sit... stay...)

Post Thanks / Like
    More great pictures. Maybe you could change careers. LOL

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I love bug photos! Excellent!

I am always impressed by your abilities!