Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your Disney traditions?

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't really have so many yet although we always go to the magic kingdom on day 1 and we always have a hot dog at caseys

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we normally arrive about mid-day or a little bit later. We check in and head to DTD where we have a margarita while sitting by the water. Then for dinner we hit Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Our first full day is almost always MK and the first ride is Haunted Mansion. Then of course we have to have a Hot Dog from Casey's. Other traditions include JIKO, 50's Prime Time and a bier in Germany.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We normally don`t arrive at our villa until late in the afternoon on the day of arrival so after un-packing our bags we are ready for a good night`s sleep.
    On the following day we always head off to DTD, grabbing a snack lunch from the Earl of Sandwich followed by a coffee from Ghiradelli`s and taking in some people watching while we drink it at a table by the lake.
    Dinner on our first full day is always at the YSH so that we can say "Hi" to our friend Ricardo....we also take dinner there on our final day in order to say "Goodbye" to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always take a picture of our kids in front of the monument (lack of a better term) in the UK pavilion across from the Rose & Crown. We have the first picture when my daughter towered over my son, to when they were the same height to our last trip when my son now towers over my daughter. 17 years worth of pictures.
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Post Thanks / Like
    A new tradition for you all is to take a photo with one of the small statues in front of the castle at MK for this site :D
    We're off to a great start but more photos would be great.

OFFICIAL SECRETS PHOTOS

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, the only thing that I can think of, which we do consistantly on each trip is in Epcot. During rope drop head with the stampede todays The Land, I play fastpass runner for the group while they 'take 5' on one of the benches on the path that branches towards the Imagination! pavilion. After I reemerge, we hoof it over to test track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Vet, post: 257969
    We always take a picture of our kids in front of the monument (lack of a better term) in the UK pavilion across from the Rose & Crown. We have the first picture when my daughter towered over my son, to when they were the same height to our last trip when my son now towers over my daughter. 17 years worth of pictures.
    This is our kid's first trip and this is exactly what I want to do!! My kids are 4 and 2, so I am really excited to start so early with them. I was trying to think of something that will always be there..like maybe the partners statue

Post Thanks / Like
    the only tradition we have, and dont ask me why it is because i dont know why is the first park we do is always sea world
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    When we stay at OKW our first thing to do after check in is head right to the Gurgling Suitcase for a Bud with lime. It's the ONLY time you'll catch me drinking that. :D It got started years ago, and we now do it every time.

We spend much of our time at EPCOT, followed by AK. We are not huge DHS fans, and usually only do MK (when there are no kids involved) that first weekend in June.

We love to enjoy our resort and lounge by the pool area, with our without drinks. :D

We like to have a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants (usually Jiko, YSH, Bistro, Cape May or the like).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    MK- My family loves to go to the Country Bear Jamboree. It is the best! Also, you can never go wrong with Splash Mountain. Space Mountain too!

DHS- The shopping here is amazing. I love to do the Great Movie Ride. (But I think they should add a bit from Gone With The Wind in there. A bit of, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Epcot- Soarin'! The wait is worth it! We also love to watch the Lion King short film inside The Land Pavilion.

Animal Kingdom- Lion King stage show is the best! You will not be disappointed!
    Proud Disney Fanatic for 13 years!

[SIGPIC]C:\Users\~Karlee Williams~\Pictures\Winning-Charlie-Sheen-Shirt.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast