Thread: Gaylord Palms restaurants?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im wondering how good the restaurants at the gaylord palms hotel are? The steakhouse seems to get good reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Slowhand and his DW have eaten there. Perhaps he will be along shortly.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    yep I know Slowhand has eaten there and I believe he liked it. Hopefully he'll be along shortly
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been

The first time we went was with Slowhand and his wife, we were going to the Steakhouse but as we didn't have a reservation we were unable to eat there. We went to the Villa de Flora instead and had a delicious buffet style meal. I think it was the Spanish night when we went

We enjoyed it so much we have been back a few times since.

Slowhand has been to the Old Hickory Steakhouse and he said it was excellent, the steak was very tender. It's on our list for this year

It's definitely worth a visit

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep the Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Palms is a really nice restaurant and the food is excellent. It is a tad pricy but for a great relaxing dinner in attractive surroundings it takes some beating,
    The other restaurant we have tried at Gaylord Palms is the Villa de Flora. This is an excellent buffet style restaurant where you have a server in attendance who provides new cutlery at your table inbetweeen courses. Again the food is excellent and is highly recommended.

Actually it`s well worth visiting the resort even if you don`t dine there as it is amazing just to walk around the atrium c/w its live alligators and lake....yes, there is even a boat in the lake which is actually a bar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 257936
    Yep the Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Palms is a really nice restaurant and the food is excellent. It is a tad pricy but for a great relaxing dinner in attractive surroundings it takes some beating,
    The other restaurant we have tried at Gaylord Palms is the Villa de Flora. This is an excellent buffet style restaurant where you have a server in attendance who provides new cutlery at your table inbetweeen courses. Again the food is excellent and is highly recommended.

Actually it`s well worth visiting the resort even if you don`t dine there as it is amazing just to walk around the atrium c/w its live alligators and lake....yes, there is even a boat in the lake which is actually a bar!
    Whats the best restaurant you've been to in Orlando Slowhand? you seem to really know your stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by partygirl, post: 258187
    Whats the best restaurant you've been to in Orlando Slowhand? you seem to really know your stuff
    Thanks for those kind words. I dunno about "knowing my stuff", but I do enjoy eating out.

If price were no option then my all time favourite restaurant has to be V & A`s at the GF.
    My second favourite [although not in Orlando] would be Bern`s Steakhouse in Tampa.
    It`s hard to choose a distinct favourite in Orlando, although our on-site favourites are the YSH, Blue Zoo, Artist Point and Citrico`s.
    Outside WDW, then we enjoy [in no particular order] the Columbia at Celebration, Ruth`s Chris Steakhouse, Charley`s and the aforementioned Hickory Steakhouse.

At the lower end [cost wise], we enjoy several places along US192 including Longhorn, Olive Garden and Carraba`s to name a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 258195
    Thanks for those kind words. I dunno about "knowing my stuff", but I do enjoy eating out.
    he DEFINITELY knows his stuff

If price were no option then my all time favourite restaurant has to be V & A`s at the GF.
    I've managed to get a reservation for Christmas Day dinner I LOVE V&A

My second favourite [although not in Orlando] would be Bern`s Steakhouse in Tampa.
    really really want to try that one

It`s hard to choose a distinct favourite in Orlando, although our on-site favourites are the YSH
    Going to have to go back to YSH and try and convince them to do me some bourbon sauce
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 258211
    I've managed to get a reservation for Christmas Day dinner
    That`s fantastic Keith, I`m sure it will be one heck of an experience.

really really want to try that one
    Well now that you have become a seasoned road use "over there" you MUST give it a try.

Going to have to go back to YSH and try and convince them to do me some bourbon sauce
    That MAY be able to be arranged .:wink: