Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World testing new Refillable Mugs at All Stars Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Way back when we got our first mugs they were supposedly good forever. Then they switched to "only on this trip" but never enforced it, but at least each resort had its own. Like Johnie says they are all generic now. I like Julie's idea. If the chip could be recharged on subsequent visits it would save the cost of the mug.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? We always buy new mugs but this does indeed seems to waste time and $$. It would be a nice to offer free mugs to anyone who purchases a package instead.A token of their appreciation for the thousands and thousands of dollars we've spent at Disney over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    You get a free refillable mug when you get the quick service dining plan.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 258075
    You get a free refillable mug when you get the quick service dining plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, if people were just honest about it Disney wouldn't have had to do this in the first place. It's when loopholes are taken advantage of that this sort of thing happens. Now Disney has to install software on soda dispensers and therefore will in turn raise prices on either the mugs or soda or both.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an observation here. Donna and I bought the refillable mugs at All Star Sports. They supposedly have a chip in them. We noticed that the soda machines now have a lever that you have to set the mug on to fill it. HOWEVER, they never asked how long we would be staying. So if there is a chip in these then I don't know how they are controlling it. We don't use ours for soda, only coffee and the occasional hot chocolate.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info John, it does make you wonder, did you pay with your room key they might have got the information of that.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 257990
    They used to be a cool souvenier when the mugs had a design specific to each resort.
    Yep! And I've got a bunch of them that I'm really glad to have. Like back from when "Dixie Landings" was "Dixie Landings"!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 257990
    Then they started making them all generic
    And the new ones aren't worth keeping anymore. There's nothing special about them. They're drink mugs. Who cares? It's not something to be saved anymore.

And this doesn't please me.

Tom (... who enjoyed his souvenirs!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the ones we bought in August were blah, just some characters by the pool. Not like they used to be. I'll only buy one for Tyler this time unless they have a Christmas theme

Post Thanks / Like
    The mugs are now available with all DDP come 2012.

Yeah, I have the one with the characters by the pool.

I do like the mugs you can get at DHS that are for Halloween and Christmas.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast