Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No HP7 pt 2 reviews yet?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 258207
    Oh I agree. I think LoTR was one of the best adaptations done. I just think more highly of the Potter movies than you but I don't think they're as good as LoTR.
    yep... perhaps one day I'll rewatch the potters and appreciate them more
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed it and now they're done I think I'll read the books. Not sure that after all this time, excitement the ending was enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 258243
    I enjoyed it and now they're done I think I'll read the books. Not sure that after all this time, excitement the ending was enough.
    The books are brilliant. I may be an old grump but I cant criticise the books, I love them. There's SO much more in the last book than in the movie and I felt a lot more after reading the book than I did after watching the movie

Post Thanks / Like
    WE saw the movie earlier today.

I absolutely love Snape and the one scene with him was SO WELL DONE. But, then again I LOVE Alan Rickman and he can do no wrong in the acting world.

It was a good movie but the books are way better. But that's generally the case with all books made into movies.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 258246
    I absolutely love Snape and the one scene with him was SO WELL DONE. But, then again I LOVE Alan Rickman and he can do no wrong in the acting world.
    yeah he was great for sure, as usual.

I felt the others were weak relative to the other films. Perhaps it was because they had so few actual lines in general. helena bonham carter is usually AMAZING but in this one kinda just normal :/ Julie walters with that wonderful scene defending her daughter but just not really selling it this time. Yet in the books those scenes are so vividly described.

It's definitely made me want to reread the books

Post Thanks / Like
    Alan Rickman is truly an amazing actor. I adore him in the robin hood movie, I laugh every time he says, "and cancel christmas too."

I'm not sure if I was expecting too much or was upset to see the series end, but I felt kinda disappointed.

There definitely wasn't a lot of talking in the movie (I totally agree Keith), which seems kinda odd for a 2+ hour movie, which was also ending a series. The visuals are always fantastic though. And whoever came up with that original score to the potter theme should be given an award (if they haven't yet).

I wasn't overly impressed with Ralph Fiennes in this portion of the series. Seemed way over the top. The grinning in the speech scene seemed too much. And I normally love Ralph. He played Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights and was fabulous.

Am I just being picky...eh, who knows. Either way, I'll buy the dvds and watch all during a harry weekend.

My favorite movies though were the early ones I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. I was just overjoyed that Snape had been vindicated! Maybe I can get some Snape souveniers at Universal now.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 258336
    It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. I was just overjoyed that Snape had been vindicated! Maybe I can get some Snape souveniers at Universal now.
    Oh, oh, me too, me too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised the film was so short (2hr 10min) for everything that still needed to be told. While I still loved the movie I felt it wasn't as "human interest" as the others.

A friend of mine saw t-shirts people were wearing at her theater that read, "Trust Snape".

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 258410
    A friend of mine saw t-shirts people were wearing at her theater that read, "Trust Snape".
    I need one of those!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast