Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for another exchange/

Post Thanks / Like
    The summer theme sounds good. How much to send an umbrella?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 258468
    Umm, don't think most men wear them Sandra and there are a few of us involved in the exchange.
    I thought them suitable for both, Jai and our boys often wear scarves in the winter but maybe they are in a minority

Back to the drawing board

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 258504
    I thought them suitable for both, Jai and our boys often wear scarves in the winter but maybe they are in a minority

Back to the drawing board

Sandra
    That could be a good idea for a winter exchange. I thought you had meant the light scraves that people are wearing for accents.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 258490
    The summer theme sounds good. How much to send an umbrella?
    If you get one of those umbrellas that close up really small, probably not too much to mail.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We could do a Christmas in July exchange. It could be one item or a couple of small things. Ideas: a book, cd, jewelry, pins, stationary, etc. You could also list things you collect. We could set a dollar/pound limit.

We could list a few things we'd like to get and the other person could send it to us wrapped up for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the international flavor of our site, it would be nice for an exchange to support that context, and not be something that we could get on our own anywhere. :)

I actually liked the idea of scarves as they are light, they take many forms and if we go with the international context many, many people (men and women alike) wear scarves for decoration, warmth, and to show support of favorite teams, ect.

Tea towels come to mind as well. Not that we need to have an exchange of those again, but they are light and lend themselves to depicting the area from which they are sent.

Having an exchange of something we can buy ourselves in a local shop rather defeats the international context in which we exist, no?

My thoughts, anyway.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the tea towel one - but if that was done recently i dont suppose people would want to do it again so quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even know what a tea towel is.

I love getting local items. Whatever that might be....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 258605
    I don't even know what a tea towel is.
    Maybe you need to be sent one then!
    You probably use a different name for it, its something used for drying dishes, plates etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 258608
    Maybe you need to be sent one then!
    You probably use a different name for it, its something used for drying dishes, plates etc
    Ah-ha, yes, I have those. I just call them kitchen/dish towels. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast