Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Do you use a Town Car service?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or have you used one? If so what company did you go with and were you happy with the service.

    I need to hire one for my Mom and Dad who are flying in and I want to make sure they don't get stuck at the airport at 8:30 at night. Thanks



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry shelly, never used any as i always rent a car when we go
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 258163
    sorry shelly, never used any as i always rent a car when we go
    Well if we find a good one I will let you know in case you ever need it

    I know they could have used the DME for free, but I was worried about how long it would take that late at night and them being tired. Dh and I and the kids are driving down, so we will all have a car once we get there, we just needed a way to get from the airport to the resort.



  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a town car service, in fact, several times, but to be honest, I can't remember the name of the service. It's been a while. I'll have to actively think about it.


    Hmmmm, you know, I think it was Tiffany Towncar Service.
    http://www.tiffanytowncar.com/index.html

  5. #5
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've used Quicksilver a few times and have been very happy with the service.
    [CENTER]







  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!



  7. #7
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 258194
    We've used Quicksilver a few times and have been very happy with the service.
    My only thing about Quicksilver is the atrocious behaviour towards "international arrivals" where they add an enforced gratuity on to the journey. Tips should be optional not enforced and certainly not enforced against one particular group of people.

    I swapped from Quicksilver for that reason and won't be going back whilst they insist on the offensive policy.

    That's not to take away from MistikPiglit's review though just to say that for international customers, they're treating us differently and discriminating against us and I'm not going to support that.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  8. #8
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 258210
    where they add an enforced gratuity on to the journey. Tips should be optional not enforced and certainly not enforced against one particular group of people..
    We thought their prices were very reasonable. I priced up a few companies before booking and, taking everything into account, there was little difference in cost. The gratuity was no more than we would have given anyway. Maybe we are just over-generous folk.
    [CENTER]







  9. #9
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 258214
    We thought their prices were very reasonable. I priced up a few companies before booking and, taking everything into account, there was little difference in cost. The gratuity was no more than we would have given anyway. Maybe we are just over-generous folk.
    It's really not that though the point is international arrivals are hit with an extra enforced tip whilst other people taking the same service arent? why discriminate? Plus a tip should be optional not enforced.

    When I talked to them about this they said very clearly that they expected people would tip MORE again if the service was good.

    Sorry but I won't support that attitude which I think is wrong on every level.

    It's simple. Charge what you want to charge and then a tip should be optional to the driver directly based on what we feel the service has been.

    I certainly wont use them whilst they're discriminating against me as an international arrival and I make very sure to tell everyone else I know who's going out not to support that practice either
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 258216
    It's really not that though the point is international arrivals are hit with an extra enforced tip whilst other people taking the same service arent? why discriminate? Plus a tip should be optional not enforced.

    When I talked to them about this they said very clearly that they expected people would tip MORE again if the service was good.

    Sorry but I won't support that attitude which I think is wrong on every level.

    It's simple. Charge what you want to charge and then a tip should be optional to the driver directly based on what we feel the service has been.

    I certainly wont use them whilst they're discriminating against me as an international arrival and I make very sure to tell everyone else I know who's going out not to support that practice either

    Ok I totally understand your argument. We are not international, but I would like to take this into consideration. So who do you use then? I honestly have read horrible things about every company mentioned so far, so I really am not sure where to go



Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •