Thread: Decisions, decisions

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't really sure where to put this so I decided here was a good a place as any

I was booking some things online this morning for our holiday and I thought I'd just check to make sure that the seats Iíd reserved hadnít disappeared off the system Once bitten, twice shy with that one they were still there though

This year is going to be a bit different for us as we are flying from Heathrow into Miami because we couldn't get reward flights into Orlando. I wasn't too worried, I wouldn't be driving and Chris said he was fine with it

Anyway, I thought seeing as I was on the airline's page I would just see if there were any seats available from Gatwick or Manchester to Orlando..................well there are from Gatwick on the same day we are leaving from Heathrow but there weren't any return flights though

So, we could fly into Orlando and fly home from Miami and Iím not sure whether to change the flights

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to bear in mind is are you parking your car at the airport UK side?
    We wanted to stay in Miami for a couple of nights on our next Florida holiday and decided it would be easier to tag 3 nights on at the beginning and 1 night at the end in Miami, that way we would be flying in and out of the same airports.
    Plus you might get charged for leaving the hire car at a different drop off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually you will get charged more for different drop off location. Visiting Miami on the way "out" would be nice, or you could be so tired you wouldn't have the energy it takes to do Miami.

Visiting there on your way in sees you fresh, and eager to be on with the holiday.

Hope that makes sense!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about what was said and I worked out the different cost implications, what we were paying to stay at the hotel at Heathrow and then Miami for the night we arrived. The cost of fuel from Miami to Orlando wasn't included because I had no idea how much it would be

I called Carhire3000 and they told me there isn't a one way rental fee with Dollar for all Florida locations, so that was good and the rate for the rental was virtually the same.

Finally, I called Virgin and asked how much it would be to change the departure airport and after all this it worked out at £34.75 less to fly from Gatwick to MCO

So I changed it We will still fly home from Miami, but that's we don't mind that because Heathrow is closer for us :D

So now, we flying into Orlando and out of Miami :D

I promise I won't change my mind again :D

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 258506
    I promise I won't change my mind again :D
    I`m not holding my breath!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 258507
    I`m not holding my breath!
    I won't, just you wait and see :D

Post Thanks / Like
    You're as bad as me! I keep checking everyday to see if I can come home a day later and if I can upgrade to club for a reasonable price! We did the same but the opposite way round on our first trip to Florida. Are u parking the car at heathrow then travelling to gatwick and staying there the night before?

Post Thanks / Like
    it's terrible isn't it, always looking for something else

We always have one way rentals, as it usually works out cheaper than paying for parking, so it won't be a problem with the car :)

We've gained a day's holiday out of it so we are both happy :D