Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ebay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you use ebay at all?

Im wondering if I can use it to save up for our hols by ebaying unwanted stuff or even things from car boot sales?

Is it reliable or a huge pain?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to swear by eBay but now I find it a huge pain in the bum! People want something for nothing and by the time you've paid postage and for packing materials, eBay fees, paypal fees, petrol to get to the post office and your time(it takes a while to list and then pack up items) unless it's an expensive item I don't think it's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    only to buy something i want, ive never sold anything on there
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    we have sold lots of things on ebay, old next clothes that belonged to my 2 ds, old toys all in good condition though. dh dinky toy cars etc, good way of making money on unwanted things, although i agree with britchick, people do want something for nothing and postage and package is a pain but when you are on a role and you sell lots at a time you just get used to it. my father in law swears by it and we joke that if its not nailed down he will sell it lol just dont make the mistake of spending what you earn on stuff other people are selling, it will be like doing a car boot sale and buying everyone else booty!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy somewhat regularly. I hardly ever sell. It's too much of a pain for me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just sold my beloved Mini Cooper last weekend on Ebay.

We buy and sell and have always found it to be very easy.

sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to sell quite alot on ebay, but now that we have such busy weeks i dont do it as i just dont have the time to get to the post office!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never done either. I don't have a paypal account and don't want one. :) So, therefore no eBay for me!

I do have a growing collection of "stuff" that we hang on to thinking that we'll participate in one of the community yard sales that are held here twice a year. Unfortunately, those dates always end up being inconvenient for us!

So, the collection of "stuff" grows, and we now need a bigger house! LOL. Or at least storage unit. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t get involved on ebay myself but I do have a friend who is an avid "ebayer" and spends loads of time there wheeling and dealing.
    I must admit that I did get a bit excited a few months ago when I asked him to bid on a car that I needed as a donor car for a project, and we were both on the phone and the ebay website on the day the sale closed....more to the point, we were the top bidders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 258578
    I just sold my beloved Mini Cooper last weekend on Ebay.
    I can't even imagine what the postage on that was!!

We have bought and sold on ebay without a problem. Depending on what the item we are selling is we will put a minimum bid requirement on it so that way we will get at least our bottom line if it sells. If not then at least we don't lose it for pennies.

With the DW currently unemployed she is going to get back into it. At some point there are going to be Disney items so I will give everyone here a heads up then. Some items from Disneyworld go back to the late 70's.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast