Thread: great photo spots around the parks?

Post Thanks / Like

Any good recommendations for photo spots in the parks? Im trying to save money rather than use photopass

Post Thanks / Like
    You certainly won`t be short of photo opportunities in any of the parks that`s for sure.
    If you check out the guide maps for each of the parks you will notice that Disney have indicated photo opportunity locations and there are signs at these locations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nearly anywhere is a good photo opportunity! The trick is watching the background. You'll get all sorts of people in the backgrounds or forefront! for that matter, if you aren't careful about where and when you take the shot.

I am by no means a photographer, but try to position my photos of people against a backdrop that is solid, like a WS building, etc.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont be afraid to ask a cast member to take a picture for you. To a cast member they call this opportinuty a "take 5" to take 5 seconds out of the time to enhance guest experience. They will be happy to take a photo for you or suggest some great shots. Some of the younger custodians are very knowledgable of this. DO NOT ASK THE HATIAN CUSTODIANS. As a former custodian they barley understand english let alone give advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller Blaning Custodian, post: 258620
    Dont be afraid to ask a cast member to take a picture for you. To a cast member they call this opportinuty a "take 5" to take 5 seconds out of the time to enhance guest experience. They will be happy to take a photo for you
    That is very true.
    We were leaving Epcot a couple of weeks ago and on the way out we stopped in front of the "golf ball" so that we could take a photo of each other with the "ball" in the background.
    A nearby CM photographer asked me if we would like a photo of the two of us and she then took hold of my camera and took several shots and suggested that we posed in various positions. It was like a real photo shoot!
    We then talked at length about cameras and she made my day when she said that she really rated my Nikon D70 which was the camera that Disney photographers used until fairly recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    my favorite overlooked spots are:

1) in the magic kingdom; in front of the locomotive while parked at the main street station (the toon town fair was awesome, but its not here anymore )

2) in epcot, at the bar, in the pub in the UK pavilion, drinking a cold pint

3) in epcot, in front of the torii gate in the japan pavilion

4) in DHS, the stairs between echo lake and indiana jones, with echo lake in the immediate background and the Tower of Terror in the distant background