Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me with a cake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Please! I only ever make cakes for my kids, so I never really worry about them being good enough. My kids are really too young to complain So anyway one of my best friends asked if I would make her a Winnie the Pooh cake for her baby shower. AHHHHH!! I am honored and totally stressed! My Dh says everything is wonderful because a) he loves me and b) he couldn't care less about cake beyond eating one So I made these bees out of fondant[ATTACH]8977.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8978.vB[/ATTACH] (which I have never done before) and at first I thought they were cute, but now I really don't know if they look like junk. I can't use my facebook because my friend obviously will see it.

Can you give me your opinion please..would you use them? Do they look too silly? Too much pressure!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they're ace Shelly! How did you do them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 258707
    I think they're ace Shelly! How did you do them?
    Aww thanks. That is my problem..the more I look at something the more I second guess the choice I made. I even annoy myself

They were pretty easy to make. I took a brick of fondant and left part white, tinted part yellow and the rest black. You cut small circles from the white and flatten them with your finger. I pinched the bottoms and set them aside. I used a pizza cutter to cut the strips from the black and a writing tip from a pastry bag to cut out the tiny eyes. Roll a big yellow ball for the body and put it together with a tiny bit of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    They look very professional and I am sure the cake will be scrummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, they're adorable!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they look so cute Shelley, well done :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly the bees are really cute and they do look professional. Do you have a Winnie the Pooh Cake Pan? I think Wilton makes one.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I love them Shelly, they are sooo sweet - and very winnie the pooh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly they are fantastic. I make a lot of cakes and when making for others I panic they are not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are fabulous! Are you making a shaped cake or a rectangle with Pooh elements? When my daughter Jenn was small I made all her cakes! I remember she wanted a Sesame Street one and I ended up making cut out cookie characters to fill in the playground background!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast