Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Has A Plasma, Led or Lcd TV?

Post Thanks / Like
    what brand, type and size do you have? would you buy the same again or something different? are you happy with your choice?

reason for asking is ive just ordered one on monday and wondered what your thought are!!
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new Samsung LED, 55", 1080P, 120Hz and the picture is GORGEOUS. And we upgraded our Verizon FIOS system to get all of the available HD channels.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 258757
    Brand new Samsung LED, 55", 1080P, 120Hz and the picture is GORGEOUS. And we upgraded our Verizon FIOS system to get all of the available HD channels.
    cool!! glad your happy with it john when i was in the shop on monday there was a large quantity of samsungs on show and the pictures looked great, wasnt sure if they were lcd or led's tho. also watched a bit of a pixar type movie in 3d and nearly changed my mind in what id ordered and bought one, it was great so much depth and the usual 3d effect to make you jump, was very cool!! but still not convinced they will die a death tho like the vhs/betamax from back in the day
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought ours back in 2007 I think and at the time it was top of the range, cost us 5k... but it's been fantastic and is a brilliant tv. ( imho) jai spent a lot of time researching before we went for this particular model

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Pioneer-PDP-LX5090/

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 258776
    We bought ours back in 2007 I think and at the time it was top of the range, cost us 5k... but it's been fantastic and is a brilliant tv. ( imho) jai spent a lot of time researching before we went for this particular model

Sandra
    5k eeeeek Holy Cow, I could have bought 3 of the one I just bought for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 258765
    cool!! glad your happy with it john when i was in the shop on monday there was a large quantity of samsungs on show and the pictures looked great, wasnt sure if they were lcd or led's tho. also watched a bit of a pixar type movie in 3d and nearly changed my mind in what id ordered and bought one, it was great so much depth and the usual 3d effect to make you jump, was very cool!! but still not convinced they will die a death tho like the vhs/betamax from back in the day
    Mick, IMHO, the 3D is still in its infancy and WAY too expensive. Besides I don't want to sit there wearing special glasses just to watch my TV.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 42 inch SONY whitch i bought in 2009 had no complaints.This is the first tv I bought as because i am a tv engineer I always repaired tv's that my customers did not want fixed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 258777
    5k eeeeek Holy Cow, I could have bought 3 of the one I just bought for that price.
    I know But he works hard and wanted a tv that he could enjoy.

To b fair they were new on the market and as with anything that's new they come at a premium at first.

Whenever he spends on something big, he tries to get the best we can afford at the time, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for and touch wood it's held us in good stead so far

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought a 46inch samsung LED a year ago and it's fantastic, especially with blu ray and sky hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 258757

We have the same one, Ben bought it in December for our Christmas present! we love it. If you got this one Mick you'll love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 258776

Sandra
    back then they were very expensive still, esp for a pioneer. they are no longer tho, panasonic bought out the ailing company and recruited a lot of their engineers. pioneer were just a tad better than the panasonics but they are out on their own at the mo

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 258777
    Mick, IMHO, the 3D is still in its infancy and WAY too expensive. Besides I don't want to sit there wearing special glasses just to watch my TV.
    that was the big turn off for me john. i dont want to sit there with big clunky glasses on when i watch either

Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 258779
    I have a 42 inch SONY whitch i bought in 2009 had no complaints.This is the first tv I bought as because i am a tv engineer I always repaired tv's that my customers did not want fixed
    ive been looking at tv's for the last few years and i noticed that most lcds back then lost their picture when you viewed at an angle, and that was all makes i looked at

Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 258811
    We bought a 46inch samsung LED a year ago and it's fantastic, especially with blu ray and sky hd
    led's are said to be better than lcd's im told, they did look crisper and the colours looked better imo. i know it just knocks your sox of doesnt it esp blue ray

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 258817
    We have the same one, Ben bought it in December for our Christmas present! we love it. If you got this one Mick you'll love it.
    i bought a panasonic 50" neo plasma. the neo's use less power, have richer blacks than anything else they've done before and it just blew me away with the picture quality
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast