Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do people save for Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no. The cost of living can vary greatly depending on where you live in the US. NYC for example is extremely expensive. What someone pays for rent for essentially a closet would get you a ginormous house here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every spare penny we have at the end of each month goes to pay for our disney holiday....no special ways to save etc, just work hard so we can play harder at the end of each year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just book it and hope for the best!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from the change jar--and it's more a convenience than official savings--nothing special. I used to sell stuff on e-Bay, but it's become more of a pain than not in the last two years. Not to mention having sold most things that could be shipped!

Basically, just saving as much as possible and cutting a few things when possible. Using the library instead of buying books, and that sort of thing. Not a huge chunk of money, but it helps!

The house has become greedy the past two years and most of my money is going into it. It keep having crises--which I do not appreciate! :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay , I hit yard sales, thrift stores flea markets and have a grand old time . I LoVe watching my Paypal account increase . And I also have a change jar , rebates,change, winning scratch offs .

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it's easy I send DH to work at his second job as a bartender!! He can pay off our vacation in 3 weeks time if he applies himself!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was working I used to use my profit sharing and annual bonus - ah those were the days
    We book with VH and then I divide the balance by the number of weeks till we have to have paid and then pay them that amount each week by direct debit to VH.

Yeah I could save it myself in an account and earn a measly amount of interest but from past experience have found that I am not so strict and have dipped into it. At least this way I know it is paid and out the way.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 24690
    I just book it and hope for the best!!!
    Love it DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2, post: 25451
    When I was working I used to use my profit sharing and annual bonus - ah those were the days

We book with VH and then I divide the balance by the number of weeks till we have to have paid and then pay them that amount each week by direct debit to VH.

Yeah I could save it myself in an account and earn a measly amount of interest but from past experience have found that I am not so strict and have dipped into it. At least this way I know it is paid and out the way.
    What a good idea Debbie. But as we book DIY we don't have that option. It's always flight money upfront.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am paying bit by bit off on my flydrive and am buying tickets etc month by month.

Am going to borrow the rest from the kids building society accounts(i put it in in the first place) if i can't pay for it all and pay it off when we get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    We put my carer's allowance and DS's DLA away every month. We figured Owen doesn't go without at any time so he doesn't miss his DLA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast