Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday friends

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever kept in contact with people you have met on holiday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Not personally but my brother and his wife were on their honeymoon and they met another couple who were on their honeymoon and have kept in touch - about 17 years now and now they are looking for ways not to keep in touch because they are not the nicest people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have. We met a family in St Ives, Cornwall in 1995. We went back there for the next 4 yes, then went to dawlish in Devon. Then in 2000 we all decided to go to wdw for the first time for all of us. They've stayed at our house a few times, flew down for denise's surprise 50th and we went to Scotland last aug for a week at theirs and had a great time
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh... I suppose there might be some I've kept in touch with.

Tom (... wonder who?)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have certainly kept in touch with two families who we met on DCL cruises.
    One of them [in case you hadn`t guessed! ] was catrancher and his DW with whom we have done two cruises.
    The other family is based in LA and we have now done 3 cruises with them. They have also stayed at our house here in the UK and are now planning to visit us again in August.
    We have booked a joint cruise with our friends for next year too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep we certainly have and we have met lots of folks from here that we stay in contact with.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not really met people on holiday, I guess if you're on a cruise it's a little different as you see the same person more than once!

Post Thanks / Like
    I consider the members here as "keeping in touch" with people I've "met." Each member here is part of my life, and I treasure the contact I share with them through this website.

I find myself thinking of any number of members on my commutes to work. "I wonder what _______ would think of this? Or Would say about this?" Those sorts of thoughts.

I feel that I have a base of friendships here that enriches my life and that I would not have without this site, and respectively Disney.

So, although that's not quite what you meant, it is a version of the theme, eh?

I have "old friends" here and make new friends as new members join.

That I've not "met" in person, does not mean that I don't treasure the interaction just as much as if I had.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with TINK I feel I have many friends on secrets even though I have not met them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Tink I have met some of my bestest friends on Disney forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast