900,000 Tasty Festival Treats + 33,000 Bottles of Wine & Champagne =
1 Fun-Fact-Filled Festival at Walt Disney World Resort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney World guests can sip great wines, savor new tastes and enjoy live entertainment all day long as the 16th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival offers a “Passport to a World of Flavors” Sept. 30-Nov. 13.
The 45-day outdoor festival at Disney’s Epcot theme park serves up authentic cuisine; wine, beer and inventive new cocktails; entertainment; and cultural exhibits of more than 25 international regions. Exotic marketplaces from Hawaii to Portugal offer exciting taste treats.
The festival is believed to be the largest food and wine event of its kind in the world, beginning at the Festival Welcome Center in Future World and fanning around the promenade encircling World Showcase Lagoon.
Here are some facts about the 16th annual event:
- More than 300 national and international wines
- 45 fabulous days long
- More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $3-$8
- 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
- Over 300 wine and beer seminars
- More than 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
- 135 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
- 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
- 289,000 servings of beer
- 900,000 sumptuous samplings
- 338,000 wine glasses
- 100,000 desserts including freshly baked waffles with berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium marketplace), white chocolate macadamia mousse with dark chocolate pearls (Desserts & Champagne marketplace) and chocolate cannoli (Italy marketplace).
- 4,000 pounds of lobster for Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Rolls and Linda Bean’s Lobster Claw Cuddlers at the Hops & Barley marketplace plus Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie at the Ireland marketplace.