Thread: Christmas at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could anyone tell me, do the disney resorts do anything special at Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the resorts are well worth a visit over the festive season if only to marvel at the fabulous Christmas decorations.
    I can`t speak for all of the resorts, but at the GF, apart from a HUGE tree in the lobby [containing over 10,000 led lights], they build a full size gingerbread house in the lobby also.
    I have also seen CM`s giving out hot chestnuts to folks entering the resort.

It really is a great time to visit WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most definitely. We try to visit as many resorts as possible when we are down there during the Christmas season.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love to see all the decorations. They're best at the deluxes as you may expect with the Wilderness lodge and grand floridian really standing out as special ones worth a visit.

When we stayed at the polynesian over Christmas, there was a packet of candy on every door which was quite a nice touch
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Each resort is decorated in a different theme, one appropriate to the given resort. Most resorts (I'm not sure about the values) have an elaborate gingerbread creation or candy based creation. The GF as Slowhand has said, has a HUGE gingerbread house. They actually use it as a little shop!

There is a ginger bread carousel, usually at the Beach Club.

The Boardwalk Inn has (or has had in the past, sometimes they change things from year to year) a recreation of the boardwalk in candy. It's pretty cool!

Be sure to tour as many of the resorts as possible. It's great fun!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The resorts always look beautiful at christmas time, infact, everywhere at disney looks beautiful at christmas time! We like going to DTD aswell during the festive period to see all the little things dotted about, its a lovely time of year to go and after being there at that time for our last 3 visits i dont think we will ever go at a different time of year again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Omgosh, this just makes me remember all the magical Christmas moments at Walt Disney World...the resorts are all so beautiful (not to mention the trees and decorations in all the parks), but the castle at night covered in the twinkle lights was breathtaking. And I'll never forget when my husband called me (I was in the bakery buying his ice cream sandwich) because when the parade started, the snowflakes started falling all over Main Street...that was for Christmas party. If you can do it, I HIGHLY recommend it.
    ColeeC

Post Thanks / Like
    i would love to go over christmas, my cousin went in 2009 and from what she told me it all sounded fantastic, obviously very busy but that didnt put her, her dh and 2 kids off. they would go back in their school xmas holidays again.