Thread: Amy Winehouse

Post Thanks / Like
    There has just been an announcement on the radio that Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in London.

What a waste, she was a good performer and it all went wrong because of drugs I guess it was bound to happen at some point though :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    What an incredible waste of a life. Someone so talented has just self-destructed.

I hope she can finally find the peace that escaped during her troubled life.

:rose1:

Post Thanks / Like
    So sad. A lot of people saying it was expected but still no less a shock. RIP Amy.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is sad and it is a waste. I think she had a fantastic voice. Drugs are just bad. I hope someone can get help from this tragedy.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad waste of a young life

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, someone dying from substance abuse is not a deterrent to those for whom it should be. One of the most insidious problems with treating substance abuse in young persons is their hyper-elevated sense of omnipotence. They believe they will be "ok" and that "it" (whatever bad "it" it may be) won't happen to them.

There are strong correlational studies that show in some persons (across all cultures, although not a global study) there is an allele in the genetic coding that once triggered, enacts the disease of addiction.

Having once been addicted to nicotine I can attest to how horribly difficult it is to kick just that "mild" substance.

What some people find so hard to accept here is that as a performer it is perceived that she had unlimited access to excellent help to find a way to kick the addiction(s). That she didn't, or apparently didn't seek that help is what some seem to be objecting too.

Unfortunately, I think we'll always have those incredibly talented people who we lose through addiction. She isn't the first, nor regrettably will she be the last.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There must be something about being 27 years old.
    Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones etc.etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    They call it the 27 Club. Janis Joplin, RObert Johnson, Kurt Cobain, etc

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I have heard some of her music. However, I can't place any of it. It is so said that the drugs overtook her life.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 259133
    There must be something about being 27 years old.
    Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones etc.etc.
    This is also the magic age they say baseball players come into their own. Weird.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]