Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a great start to the holidays...

Post Thanks / Like
    We woke this morning to find some little &*%$*&@& have broken into the garage and stolen 2 of Matthews motorbikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are the third person this morning in this area that I've heard has had a bike/motorbike stolen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief. Hope they catch the thieves soon. Had to be someone who knew you had the motorbikes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 259178
    You are the third person this morning in this area that I've heard has had a bike/motorbike stolen.

I know there's a lot of it going on, I believe that it's someone who knew they were there rather than a random burglary...and we have a suspicion of who it may be but that's not going to prove anything.

Scenes of Crime are suppsoed to be coming but they need to do it today so we can secure the garage door. They've bent the metal up and over door up so it broke in the middle and we can't just leave it like that or they'll be back for the rest of the stuff i expect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 259179
    Good grief. Hope they catch the thieves soon. Had to be someone who knew you had the motorbikes.

Yes definitely someone who knew John, don't think we'll get them back, have an idea as to who the thief may be but can't prove it, and it is only an idea, could've been anyone really.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats awful sorry :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Let's hope they catch up with them at some point...
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 259195
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Let's hope they catch up with them at some point...
    Same here.

The only thing that really annoys me is that IF they catch the culprits the odds are they will just get a slap on the wrist and get told not to do it again! Folks [I use the term loosely] like this are the scum of the Earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw no, im really sorry Mairead - it makes me so cross to that people like them think they can just take whatever they want, things that people have worked hard to earn the money for

Post Thanks / Like
    Soco came and managed to get a couple of good fingerprints from inside the garage door that goes into the garden, fingers crossed they can get something from them.

Assessing the situation leads us to believe it's someone who has actually been in there before, and in and out of the garden. Someone who has visited our home and been welcomed BUT we can't say for sure, so there's nothing we can do.

We worry they may come back to finish what they started so Lee has been hard at work today with the up and over door which has been greatly weakened. He's strengthened it as much as possible inside and out with metal bars to keep them from being able to bend it again.

Also have some alarms on there now and padlock on the back gate. All the locks and bolts already on there should be enough to keep people out, never though we'd need to padlock it to keep people IN!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast