Thread: Question for US people - re cinema snack

Post Thanks / Like
    My post on the Cars 2 thread has me thinking.

How much do you pay for cinema snacks in the US? Over here it's getting outrageous - last time I took Steven I paid 7 for a regular popcorn and drink for him. That's about $10. And a UK regular is a small in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been so long since my DW and I went to the movies that I don't remember exactly how much it was. But I do remember that it was very expensive.

I think your $10 price tag is right in line with what I remember.

Tom (... I'll wait for the DVD...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah that sounds about right. Apparently the snack stand is where the movie theater makes all of it's money. Are your sizes HUGE too or is just us? I bought a medium size drink when we went to see HP and I swear it was 44 ounces Ridiculous.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    44oz would be enough to swim in over here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what it cost the DW and I to see HP7pt2:

2 tickets 3D version = $28.00
    Large popcorn/large soda = $13.50

This was our first 3D experience at the movies. We splurged for the 3D tickets but neither of us was very impressed. Normally full price tickets for regular viewing is $10.50.

We don't nearly go out to the movies as much as we used to. Usually now for only those special movies like a HP or Star Trek, etc.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna and I don't go to the movies that often. However, for Cars 2, it cost us $13.25 each for our tickets and I think $1.00 less for Nathanael. We bought him a kids snack and Donna and I split a large popcorn and each had a large soft drink. If I remember correctly the total for the food was over $25.00.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The price for food or snacks is just outrageous. Candy ranges between $3.50 - $4.50, A large popcorn (free refill) is $8.50. Pop is crazy big and 2-3 people could share a large( it's also crazy expensive) I don't know what hot dogs or nachos cost but will look. A bottle of water is I believe$5.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 259216
    44oz would be enough to swim in over here.
    It IS and it's ridiculous. I only bought it cause it was cheaper to go with my corn dog nuggets (I hadn't eaten lunch). I barely drank any of it so it was just a waste.

But, I will typically get the little kids combo. Very small drink, some popcorn and a small candy of some sort. haha or I sneak in my own bottle of water and candy from the $1 store

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Regular cinema, the prices are stupid and the food is nasty. :(

Enzian, the prices are quite reasonable, and the food is very good! It's a cool theatre, as well.

They have a limited selection of films that they play, but are known for being the one place that will show the controversial films.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What is Enzian? We have a couple of places that offer real food and movies ie: Cinebistro (which is really nice as it is 21 and over only).