With the D23 Expo only a few short weeks away, even more announcements for this exciting event are beginning to emerge.
There has been an announcement of what Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD will be showcasing at the Expo. Fans of Disney Channel will get the chance to meet with some of their favorite stars, see Disney Channel performances, sit in on Disney Channel events, and more throughout the Expo’s three jam-packed days.
One thing that Disney Channel fans at the Expo should be looking forward to will be the many performances taking place with some of their favorite Disney Channel stars. Stars currently scheduled to perform at the Expo include a martial arts performance by actor Leo Howard (Disney XD’s Kickin’ It), as well as musical performances from China Anne McClain (Disney Channel’s A.N.T. Farm), Radio Disney’s newest N.B.T. Artists, Hollywood Records recording artist Coco Jones, and a performance by Sharky and Bones of The Never Land Pirate Band (from Disney Junior’s Jake and the Never Land Pirates).
On Friday, August 21, Disney Channel fans will be able to attend a special storytelling event with authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, as well as appearances by Jake and the Neverland Pirates characters Jake, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee. As previously announced, the event will also feature an appearance by the voice of Skully on Jake and the Neverland Pirates, actor David Arquette, and a special announcement from The Walt Disney Corporate Citizenship team.
Fans of Disney Channel show Shake It Up should be sure to check out a special event taking place on Sunday, August 21 at the D23 Arena. This event will feature the show’s stars in a high-energy dance performance, followed by a Q&A session. Kicking off the show will be a “Style Shake Up runway event,” showcasing back-to-school fashions from Disney Consumer Products. Attendees will also be treated to a screening of an upcoming episode of Shake It Up, followed by a fan meet-and-greet with the show’s stars at the Disney Channel booth.
Something else that Disney Channel fans should be anticipating at the event is the arrival of the Phineas and Ferb “Perry the Platy-bus.” The bus, which made its debut in Times Square a few weeks ago and was recently seen at Comic-Con International 2011, will be featured on the Expo’s Show Floor at the Disney Channel booth. Phineas and Ferb fans will be able to step inside the bus, enjoy live performances, play interactive games, meet and get autographs from the show’s stars, and rock out to the sounds of Radio Disney. DJs Ernie D, Jake, Candice, Blake, and Hallie will be on hand at the booth throughout the Expo, as well as the newest N.B.T. artists and musical artist Coco Jones.
In addition to these great events and activities, the Disney Channel booth will also feature exciting signings with Disney Channel stars, as well as other great activities. Check out this full schedule of star appearances and signings at the Disney Channel booth:
Friday, August 19
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” character appearances by Jake, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee
- 12:00 noon-1:00 p.m. The Never Land Pirate Band musical performance
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Special announcement and storytelling event from The Walt Disney Company Corporate Citizenship team with noted Disney Publishing Worldwide authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (“Peter and the Starcatchers”), David Arquette, Jake, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates”
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. “Good Luck Charlie” stars Jason Dolley, Leigh-Allyn Baker and Bradley Steven Perry
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. Radio Disney’s N.B.T. artists Tay Barton, Zack Montana, Shealeigh, Ladina Spence and Hollywood Ending perform
- 4:30-5:45 p.m. “Lemonade Mouth” stars – Adam Hicks, Hayley Kiyoko and Chris Brochu
- 5:45-7:00 p.m. “So Random!” stars – Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Doug Brochu, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Damien Haas, Matthew Scott Montgomery and Shayne Topp
Saturday, August 20
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. “Phineas and Ferb” character appearances — Phineas, Ferb and Agent P
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon “Phineas and Ferb” creators and executive producers Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh and cast Vincent Martella, Alyson Stoner and Dee Bradley Baker
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. “Kickin’ It” stars Leo Howard, Dylan Riley Snyder, Alex Christian Jones and Olivia Holt, plus a special martial arts performance by Leo Howard
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. Performance by Radio Disney’s guest and Hollywood Records recording artist Coco Jones
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. “Fish Hooks” creator/executive producer Noah Z. Jones and cast Chelsea Kane and Kyle Massey (both also of ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars”)
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. “A.N.T. Farm” stars — China Anne McClain, Jake Short, Sierra McCormick, Stefanie Scott and Carlon Jeffery, plus a musical performance by China Anne McClain
Sunday, August 21
- 10:00-11:15 a.m. Handy Manny character and appearance by the voice of Manny, Wilmer Valderrama
- 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Special Agent Oso character and appearance by the voice of Oso, Sean Astin
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. “Pair of Kings” — Doc Shaw, Kelsey Chow and Geno Segers
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. *** Photo Opportunity *** “Shake It Up” stars (Arena foyer)
- 2:30-4:00 p.m. D23 Arena Showcase — “Shake It Up” featuring stars Bella Thorne, Zendaya, Davis Cleveland, Roshon Fegan, Adam Irigoyen, Kenton Duty and Caroline Sunshine and executive producer Rob Lotterstein plus Style Shake Up fashion runway event
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. “Shake It Up” cast meet and greet in the Disney Channel booth
The D23 Expo will take place August 19-21, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center. To purchase tickets to the Expo, visit the event’s official website.