Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with heat rash

Post Thanks / Like
    just got back from Magic Kingdom with very bad heat rash on legs.
    I think it may have been caused by my sun lotion blocking the pores.
    What's the best thing to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you itchy Diane? You could get some cream to rub on it to stop the itching, id use something cool on it for now just to take the itchy away til you can get to a pharmacy or something. if you think its to do with the suntan lotion maybe you could get one thats lighter?
    Sorry you are suffering from it, not fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Antihistamine tablets something like piriton and antihistamine cream had it before it's not nice :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to walgreens/cvs and ask the pharmacists advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi hun

I used to suffer really badly with this years ago & found I had to take antihistamine every day (I think you already do?) The only thing that worked for me was to change my sun lotion, it has to be for sensitive skin & totally fragrance free.

Dont apply after sun as this will just iritate it. Try some cold packs as well.

Hope it clears up

B
    x

Post Thanks / Like
    It's from being on the hot concrete. It happens to me all the time now. It does itch and the best thing for it is to soak your legs in cool water, or use cool compresses.

Get some 10% hydrocortisone cream for the itch. Unfortunately, once you get that reaction (it sometimes takes years for it to happen the first time) you generally will get it every time it is extremely hot out.

You can go to Disney's first aid and they will give you a gel, but the hydrocortisone works better.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

I called at CVS this morning. She suggested antihistamine pills plus cortisone cream. I showed her the antihistamine pills I take every day and she said to just buy the cortisone cream.

It is a lot worse right now and covers my full legs - my arms are starting to rash too. Came back to villa and soaked in the pool for half an hour then put the cream back on. It's embarrassing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmm, arms don't usually rash, with the reaction I'm referring to. Hydrocortisone with help the itching though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried aloe vera gel? Walgreens and CVS do a version and it really does help calm irritated skin down. You can also get a gel called 'Solarcaine' that has lidocaine in it as the active ingredient which is a really effective painkiller.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 259768
    Hmmmmmm, arms don't usually rash, with the reaction I'm referring to. Hydrocortisone with help the itching though.
    My arms are more pin pricks - my legs are now spots to blotches where the spots have joined up. Tink, I can only find 1% cream.

Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 259769
    Have you tried aloe vera gel? .
    The cream I have has aloe vera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast