Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little warning...

Post Thanks / Like
    We were at SeaWorld today.
    In the car, we left a refillable cup which we bought at Busch Gardens so that it was there for our next visit next week. That cup will never make it....we got back in the car after the day at SeaWorld and it had melted with the heat! Totally distorted!

Makes you think about those poor dogs that are left in cars while their owners go shopping etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend tried to put ours in the dishwasher and we ended up with the same thing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Its surprising how hot it gets in there isnt it. My friend went shopping the other day and ended up phoning the police because somebody had left their litle terrier dogs in a car, the woman came back and had claimed to have only left them for 20mins which was rubbish as my friend was there for 45 mins and another lady was there before her for quite a while too. I dont see the point of taking a dog out and then leaving it in the car anyway, but to do it in this heat is just beyond stupidity

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the temperature, 20 minutes is enough to have killed those dogs, or even a child.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, people should have to pass a test to either have a child or an animal.

Post Thanks / Like
    when the woman came back she was screaming obsceneties at my friend, she behaved disgracefully. my friend said she wasnt fit to have the dogs and im sure you can imagine how the woman reacted to that. the police and the rspca will be following it up with her. thankfully it wasnt as hot as some of the days that we've had. a police communit support officer showed up first, he said if the police didnt show up soon my friend would need to enter the car - apparently they arent allowed or supposed to do it, although the police can

Post Thanks / Like
    We had something like this happen when we first moved down here to Florida where it is illegal to leave an animal in an unattended car. We called the cops and the woman was in the mall buying another dog at the pet store.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    We never leave anything in the car that can be damaged by heat, we even take the sat nav with us. If it's 90 degrees outside then it's going to be in treble figures inside the car.

I can't even get in the car when we get back to it, Chris starts it up, puts on the air con and we wait for a bit whilst it cools down.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!

thats HOT

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind things that often get left behind in cars like sunscreen, hand gel (alcohol based!) and any supposedly non-perishable food item.

The heat builds quickly and is constant, until the sun goes down. Don't leave anything in the car that can be damaged by the heat. Electronics included (as Wendy has said).

Also, it's not a bad idea to have some bath (or beach) towels to throw over hot seats when you return to the car. Seats and steering wheels get very hot and can be pretty uncomfortable!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast