Smart phones, particularly iPhones, Androids, and Blackberries, have become very popular for the sheer fact that they’re like a small computer inside your pocket. Busch Gardens announced today that smart phone users can now ditch their park map and download their mobile application.
The application is currently available in the iTunes App Store and will be coming soon to the Android Market. Unfortunatley it doesn’t look like the park has current plans to create an application for Blackberry users just yet. The application is free to use and download.
The appliaction will utilize GPS technology and will have all the park details at your fingers tips. The interactive map will show guests where they are in the park and allow highlighting of the quickest route to the guests next destination. No matter the destination, the app will give information about the location including description, wait times, location, and restrictions. Guests can also search for other locations in the park besides shows, rides, and restaurants. The application will also help guests locate restrooms, lockers, and ATMs.
Guests can also find cool facts about animals and even snap photos in an instant with the in-application camera. You can even connect to social media sites to share these photos! But that’s not all. Here’s a complete run down of what the Busch Gardens application features.
New Busch Gardens App Features:
- Interactive real-time map
- Updated ride wait times, and ride height requirements
- Detailed information pages for all major shows, rides, habitats, and restaurants
- In-App camera
- Important phone numbers to make reservations or schedule tours
- Ways for guests to connect to social media sites
- General park information and operating hours
- “Find My Car” pin drop locator
- Live local weather and forecast updates
- A link to the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund site
The new application is also a great way to save the environment. It provides guests with all the information a park map would, plus more! There’s no need to grab a park map on the way into the park anymore!
Click here to download the app for free for your iPhone.