Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jetlag - what time do you sleep till in florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    I suffer so badly from jetlag that for the two weeks Im over there I just feel like Im always half asleep then when I get back its just as bad in reverse

What times do you wake up and how do you get over jet lag?

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first couple of days in Florida we are up with the lark, around 5am but then we regulate and it's then around 7ish.

I now take a Melatonin before we leave florida to come home and also one before I go to bed on our first night back home and that has helped me settle back to normal quicker.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am wide awake very early on the day that we land in Florida, but after a day or so things get back to normal.
    Flying West-East [ie on your return journey] is where you are likely to suffer from jet lag the most as you tend to leave Florida in the early evening, fly through the night, and land in the morning of the following day.
    I used to travel on a lot of long haul flights with my job and I found that the best way to deal with the jet lag is to try to go to bed on the day that you land back home as late as possible.
    Although you feel like having a nap soon after you return home, try not to do this! If you do succumb then it will take a few days for your body clock to become readjusted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 260190
    I too am wide awake very early on the day that we land in Florida, but after a day or so things get back to normal.
    Flying East-West [ie on your return journey] is where you are likely to suffer from jet lag the most as you tend to leave Florida in the early evening, fly through the night, and land in the morning of the following day.
    I used to travel on a lot of long haul flights with my job and I found that the best way to deal with the jet lag is to try to go to bed on the day that you land back home as late as possible.
    Although you feel like having a nap soon after yuo return home, try not to do this! If you do succumb then it will take a few days for your body clock to become readjusted.
    Uhh Terry, if you are flying from the US back to the UK you are flying West - East, unless you are taking the LONG route.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 260191
    Uhh Terry, if you are flying from the US back to the UK you are flying West - East, unless you are taking the LONG route.
    OOPS! You spotted my deliberate mistake John....it has now been edited!
    Thanks for being so observant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think i really suffer from jet lag? The first morning in florida im up very early and i stay up til its normal bedtime - but their time and im usually ok. On the way home i get as much sleep as i can on the plane (which isnt usually much), then stay up til as near as bedtime as i can

Post Thanks / Like
    I am normally awake at around 5:30AM at home - so when we go to Florida it is even earlier.

Usually everyone in our party is up and about by 4:30AM and we are usually walking the floors of Wal Mart soon after.

Coming home it seems to take longer to get over the jet lag as I get older - it takes about 2 or 3 nights to get back to sleeping at reasonable times.

Post Thanks / Like
    slowhand i must try this next time. when we got home last year i was so tired and groggy every time i sat down i just fell asleep and i normally dont fall asleep so easily! i felt dreadfull it took me about 3-4 days to fully recover

Post Thanks / Like
    i suffered from jetlag real bad the first time i went, i was working on a computer refresh project for an american law firm bit i was always falling asleep in my room, good job i never got caught

since then ive never really suffered that much, im normally back to normal after a nights sleeps
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing is to set watch to florida time when i get on the plane. I usualy get up early when i am there first thing in the morning can be the nices part of the day

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast