Thread: best days to go to Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    In an old guide book someone lent me it says things like dont go to disney on friday/saturday but go to animal kingdom first and then magic kingdom last. Go anticlockwise round the park and so on

Does anyone know if those still apply or any more recent advice on it? what days are best for magic kingdom etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well MK is generally more crowded on the weekend for a couple of reasons. Many of the locals go then and lots of people arrive on or just before the weekend. During F&W festival EPCOT is a zoo on the weekends.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, regardless of the day of the week, or the month of the year, the best tips are:

1) avoid going to a park that has morning 'extra magic hours', if at all possible.

2) understand and use the fastpass system.

3) get to the enterance queue atleast 45minutes before the official park opening time tour until a bit after lunch, leave (if you want) and take a break, then come back in the evening.

4) keep less busy attractions, such as carousel of progress, monsters, inc. laugh floor, or mickey's philharmagic, for the busier parts of the day, since they rarely build anything resembling a queue.

You'll get more done in the first three hours then the rest of the day. I took a couple friends to the Magic Kingdom last December, and between 9am and noon we experienced space mountain (2x), buzz lightyear's space ranger spin, TTA, it's a small world, mad tea party, peter pan's flight, snow white's scary adventures, the many adventures of winnie the pooh, big thunder mountain railroad, and splash mountain.