Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London riots...

Post Thanks / Like
    It's ridiculous, and why has it spread to Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol just because certain members of the community feel like it I suppose

I feel sorry for the people that are affected, by the mindless looting and vandalism 28 families have lost their homes in one area, people have had their businesses burnt to the ground and a 26 year old man was found dead in his car. Fire engines can't attend fires unless the police have made sure it is safe because they are being attacked :(

I wonder if these mindless idiots realise the damage they are causing, not just to the areas affected but to the country as a whole

The England and Netherlands game that was to take place at Wembley tomorrow has been cancelled and local clubs have cancelled games tonight.

Next year the Olympics are here - what must the rest of the world think

I haven't been this angry about something for a long time - things need to change and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i cant believe how out of control it has got. i am worried now it has affected birmingham too i am woried for the police officers too

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its about time the government got strict with thins kind of thing. when caught send them to army camps and get them to train with the army for 6 months and make them work hard too

i bet they wouldnt be so big if they were stuck on the front line in afghanistan, they would brick it after a night. put the s***s up them like they are to locals and see how they like it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 260307
    i think its about time the government got strict with thins kind of thing. when caught send them to army camps and get them to train with the army for 6 months and make them work hard too

i bet they wouldnt be so big if they were stuck on the front line in afghanistan, they would brick it after a night. put the s***s up them like they are to locals and see how they like it
    Totally agree Mick.
    It just shows how "brave" those idiots are, hiding behind their hoodies!

Post Thanks / Like
    to you all

I really hope it stops soon

And what is being said here is that these riots are different from the ones in Greece, Chile, etc.. in that, in the other riots, young people were actually fighting for SOMETHING, whereas in this case, they are just looting and destroying...

it is very very sad ... I really hope it get sunder control soon, so no more innocent people lose their businesses and homes

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel sorry the families of the police that are all being called in to deal with these idiots, I hope them and Mairead's hubby stays safe

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Mick, these low life waste of spaces should be given a taste of the military and some discipline.

I was listening to the radio today and there was the usual do-gooders going on about the people who have done this are desperate and unhappy with their lives and are feeling as though nobody cares about them. Get a b....y grip, desperate my bum, if they were so desperate then they would be looting for food not trainers and plasma TVs.

There is no respect for anything or anyone. We bleat on in this country how hard it is, we are living in poverty, you want poverty go to Somalia. They haven't got food to feed their children let alone mobile phones, playstations, tv's in each room, blu ray players, good cars and enough money to go out and smoke dope and cigarettes.

We go on about human rights of these poor kids, go to the arab states for human rights, especially the girls.

It's claimed that this all started because of that lad being shot. As it turns out he didn't fire his gun, but was he or was he not carrying a gun? We know the consequences in this country for carrying a gun, SO DON'T DO IT.

I don't believe the police should be able to go in like a bull in a china shop, lets face that poor man Ian Tomlinson who pushed over by the policeman and died later after the G20 protests never deserved that. But at the same time they have to be able to do something, not have to stand by and watch an innocent man be battered or yobs setting fire to cars.

Now it's starting to happen up here in the North West, first Liverpool now Manchester when is going to stop. Unfortunately with so many arrests made I feel that there will be very few convictions and even if they do what will they get a fine that won't be paid. The best thing to do is to hit them where it hurts, stop their benefit or if they are underage, stop the parent's benefits, that'll make them think twice. Or go to their houses and take items to the value of a percentage of what it is going to cost to clear this up. Better still send them into the military for 2 years. As an ex PTI I would love to get my hands on them.

Sorry rant over, it just makes me so mad. Its the poor innocent people caught up in it I feel sorry for, so many of lost their businesses, homes and valuables and for what?.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    totally agree with you sam

the guy was holding a gun but how are the police to know it couldnt fire, if you brandish a weapon then you take whats coming to you.

the punishments should be severe and show we mean business. forget sending them to holiday camp prisons, send them into the military. get the prisons cleared out of tv's etc anything that makes a prisoners life cushy and make it what it should be a b****y sentence for doing wrong. im sick and tired of this countries judicial system pussy footing around these people, they know darn well they will get off or just a teeny fine and a slap on the wrist.

if i found out my 21 yo michael did anything like this he would be frog marched down to the police station so they can deal with him, as i hope and law abiding parent would do. but i know he wouldnt do anything like this as he was brought up properly with love, discipline and knowing what is right from wrong as was lauren and i can truly say im very proud of them both. not these benefit scrounging morons who cant be a***d do do a stroke, whose kids are out all hours, they dont even know what they are doing or where they are, out of sight out of mind
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 260323
    I feel sorry the families of the police that are all being called in to deal with these idiots, I hope them and Mairead's hubby stays safe

Thank you Wendy, and everyone else who sent their support

He spent most of the week up there coming back on Friday, and others went up there for a further 5 nights/6 days so are still there now. Cancelled rest days and annual leave, along with longer shifts are ordered until further notice - so even though this madness appears to have ended the effects still go on.

I have no words to describe the sorrow and anger at what these people have inflicted on others, I have family close by to some of the areas and thank goodness they were safe.

I was sick to the back teeth of all the do-gooders making excuses for this thuggery, trying to analyse why they were acting that way....

There ARE no excuses. None.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Mairead, no excuses whatsoever - and im disgusted that they even think theres a reason for their behaviour. Even saying they should be ashamed of themselves is too tame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast