Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something stupid my husband did...

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG....the smell when you opened the door must have been :sick007:
    Sorry you've had all that wasted food.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not good! Can you claim for the contents on your home insurance? Some policies will cover freezer contents.

Post Thanks / Like
    He tried to plug it back in and refreeze everything to make clean up easier, but it started smoking when he did. So needless to say its dead. My brother is coking by this morning to pick it up and take it out to the woods (on the farm) and open it and let nature take its course. He said that after the debris is gone, we can take the freezer to the recycling center. Atleast we'll get some money out of it.... But until then, it's all you can smell outside!!! YUCK!!!!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh. That is soooo nasty! Your poor husband, he must feel awful. :(

Thank heaven you have a place to take it so that the cleanup isn't overwhelming. I can't even imagine.

I used to have a second refrigerator that we used only for overflow (holidays, drinks ect.). I got the bright idea to unplug it before vacation, totally forgetting that there was chicken in the freezer compartment.

I cannot describe how disgusting the stench was when we returned! We did get it clean though with vinegar (a natural disinfectant) and coffee to deodorize.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ugh....that had to have been nasty.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure your DH already feels bad, so I won't rake him over the coals!

We used to have a secondary refrigerator in the garage. My mother and Uncle Art used it primarily for soft drinks and stuff. Opened it one day and...

...Yuck! They also had been putting stuff in the freezer (one of those nice, large bottom freezers), so that also reeked to high heaven.

Since then, have gone to in-house refrigerator/freezer only. *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear :( not good :(

Post Thanks / Like
    So the freezer is gone! And luckily the neighborhood smells alot better than it did last night...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, bless his heart...he must feel so bad....couldn't he have just blamed it on Jack?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!!! Poor Jack...

I called my brother to thank hiom this evening. He said it was no problem, and he's dealt with worse... Well he is a farmer...and animals do sometimes die..:rolleyes008:
    Krista

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12