Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn mosquitos

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first full day in Florida we went to Busch Gardens and both got one nasty bite...nearly two weeks later and it still looks terrible. Although the swelling has gone, it has left a deep red patch on my shin.
    Onw week later we return to BG and the same thing happens - one nasty bite.

However, the past few days at West Palm Beech, we have been eaten alive! Legs are covered in bites ranging from a spotlike appearance to angry swellings. We have an odd one in other areas but my legs look disgusting.....and it's soooooo hard not to scratch.

We've had lotions and sprays but they haven't stopped the itching. Used something called OFF to keep the mosquitos at bay but it hasn't worked.

Please someone put mits on me so I can't scratch cos it's driving me nuts and we're losing sleep - and I need my beauty sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Benedryl gel not the cream or lotion. The spray type is good to but harder to find.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend told me about a product called BiteMD, it's found at walmart in the bug spray aisle (in the grocery section). It's this tube, where you push it on the bite and wait for some of the liquid to come out, then you just tab it on the others. She swears by it.

Just recently my legs and arms were eaten alive by mosquitos and while I wanted the BiteMD I couldn't find it in my local walmart. However, I moved and found it. I now have some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure it was mosquitoes and not stinging gnats? Their bite will result in small pin pricks that itch for days and days.

Try the cortisone cream you had for the heat rash from the pavement. It should stop some of the itching.

Off is only good if it's Deep Woods Off (the one with DEET in it).

The Benadryl jel is great too.

I know it's hot, but long, loose cotton trousers are really a life saver when the biting and stinging insects are at their peak.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    The OFF we have isn't the deep woods - although we did see that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get another type. Check the ingredients on the can, and make sure it says DEET. Then, do your best to keep the chemical on your clothes and off your skin (hence, the long, loose, cotton trousers and long sleeved tops- loose is the key).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i always use bennedryl tablets for any of my itching. if there is anything out there thats bites my little boy usually gets bitten!! he has a marmite sandwhich every day because someone said that its good for bites.
    he just come back from his cub camp.........no bites!!! now thats a first, wonder if it is the marmite

Post Thanks / Like
    Repel Sportsmen's Max is the best and has the highest DEET content in a spray at 40%. Deep Woods Off (25-30% DEET) is the 2nd best if you can't find Repel.

This has been one of the worst mosquito seasons for some time here in Florida.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 260656
    Repel Sportsmen's Max is the best and has the highest DEET content in a spray at 40%. Deep Woods Off (25-30% DEET) is the 2nd best if you can't find Repel.

This has been one of the worst mosquito seasons for some time here in Florida.
    That's the one we always buy

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much guys. My bites seem to be under control and are fading.
    BUT...the darn heat rash has raised it's ugly head again tonight. Dreading waking up in the morning and seeing how bad it has got.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast