Thread: Localised storms

Post Thanks / Like
    Before we came on this trip, many of you told me not to take notice of the weather forecast. It had said rain rain and more rain for at least 10 days. We've had one rainy day in 2 weeks.

Anyway, another member was at Epcot on the same day we were ay Magic Kingdom and they had stormy rain and we had lovely sunshine (although we did hear a couple of claps of thunder from afar)

Well, we can now beat that. At Butterfly World, DH was standing in rain and i was three feet away perfectly dry - I kid you not!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    How odd!! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time though Diane! How are you doing with the heat? any suggestions for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 260565
    How odd!! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time though Diane! How are you doing with the heat? any suggestions for me?
    Yes, we're having an amazing time.
    As for the heat - we love it! As long as you take your time and don't expect to look glamorous
    Plenty of water to drink and loose clothing...preferably light colours. If waiting for a parade etc, try to wait in the shade.
    DH suffers from back pain every day at home but the heat helps him quite a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few days back I was eating at Olive Garden at the Crossroads and on one side of the building there was rain and on the other it was bone dry. Florida weather is Crazy but I'm learning to live with it!

I have never once complained about the heat because I know I'll miss it back home, but sometimes I have secretly wished for a nice rain storm when I've been out in the Animation Courtyard parking strollers in 40 degree heat! I'm very pale as it is, but my costume gives me the worst t-shirt tan ever!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 260564
    Well, we can now beat that. At Butterfly World, DH was standing in rain and i was three feet away perfectly dry - I kid you not!!!!!
    Welcome to Florida. :D

I think I mentioned that phenomenon from back when I was growing up down there. Not at all unusual. I can distinctly remember being in the bright sushine and watching it pouring down rain on the other side of the street. You could see a perfectly straight line on the pavement. One side dry, the other soaking wet.

Have you had an opportunity to see it rain cats and dogs out of a perfectly clear, bright blue sky filled with sunshine?

Tom (... gawd I miss that place sometimes!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 260577
    Have you had an opportunity to see it rain cats and dogs out of a perfectly clear, bright blue sky filled with sunshine?
    not yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 260593
    not yet!
    Give it time...

Tom (... when it rains.... huh?)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    That wouldve been a good photo!
    We've experienced it where we have been on one side of the street and the other side had pouring rain, never as close as 3 feet away though - how funny!!