Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No more PowerPC with my mac

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I can no longer use MP Navigator that came with my printer, since I upgraded to Lion.

    I guess, Lion does not support PowerPC.

    What's the best way to scan and then save as a pdf document?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 260580
    So, I can no longer use MP Navigator that came with my printer, since I upgraded to Lion.

    I guess, Lion does not support PowerPC.

    What's the best way to scan and then save as a pdf document?

    Thanks!
    FD,

    Check this Canon USA web page. They indicate Lion compatibility and list several flavors of the MP all in one's. And yes, PowerPC support (Rosetta) is gone from Lion.

    Tom (... your mileage may vary.)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a little confusing, I downloaded ScanGear, but now can't find it on my computer.

    I was able to do a longer version of what I wanted....

    1. Image capture
    2. Open Preview
    3. Make a Duplicate
    4. Save as a pdf.

    I just tried to click save in preview, but it didn't change the type. I needed pdf and not jpeg.

    Frustrating. I use to use my mp navigator. It was super easy. I would open it, choose what type of scan and then able to save it as anything I wanted.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 260582
    It was a little confusing, I downloaded ScanGear, but now can't find it on my computer.

    I was able to do a longer version of what I wanted....

    1. Image capture
    2. Open Preview
    3. Make a Duplicate
    4. Save as a pdf.

    I just tried to click save in preview, but it didn't change the type. I needed pdf and not jpeg.

    Frustrating. I use to use my mp navigator. It was super easy. I would open it, choose what type of scan and then able to save it as anything I wanted.
    What model of MP printer have you got FD? We'll find you the updated MP Navigator if possible. At least it appears that Canon has updated that stuff.

    Tom (... patience grasshopper!)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 260583
    What model of MP printer have you got FD? We'll find you the updated MP Navigator if possible. At least it appears that Canon has updated that stuff.

    Tom (... patience grasshopper!)
    I have the MP530.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind. I did a search and found where you mentioned it before. It's an MP530. So...

    1. Go to this page.
    2. On that page, click on the "Drivers and Software" down below the printer picture.
    3. Choose your OS from the drop down menu (10.7 Lion).
    4. Now, under the Drivers category, you'll probably want the Lion compatible drivers. Both the scanner driver and the CUPS driver.
    5. Under the Software category you'll want the "MP Navigator" (it's big) and maybe the "Easy Photo Print". That one's your choice.
    6. As you click the download link for each of those, they'll make you agree to the software license and then the download should start.
    7. Once they've all downloaded, you can go to the little download button in the upper right hand of your Safari window, click on it, and you should get a popup menu with all your downloads showing on it. Double click on each one to run it or click on the magnifying glass next to it to have a finder window open up and show you the file. Then run it from the finder. Either way.


    Let me know if you have any other problems.

    Tom (... working on it...)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much!


    I now have MP Navigator back and it's working!

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome!

    Glad we got it sorted!

    Tom (... certified geek.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •