Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you all suggest...

Post Thanks / Like
    for anywhere from 5 to 7 days for a holiday in the USA?
    We were chatting in the car on the way back from BG tonight and we really fancy a week elsewhere in America before a long stay in Florida next summer.

I was originally thinking of New York but we actually bumped into a friend in BG and went to dinner with her. She said that New York is mega expensive. If this is correct then it would be out.

The plan would be to fly from the UK to another destination, then on to Florida to finish the holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Several questions. What are your interests? What time of year would you be traveling?

If you are interested in history, nothing beats Washington DC. All of the museums are free

My wonderful state of Virginia has toms of history, nature, mountains, oceans. We have it all. Plus I'm here.

NYC is nice but it certainly can be pricey.

I've always wanted to spend some time in St Augustine.

And I've always wanted to go to New Orleans

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Johnie - what are you interested in?

-Do you want to see the Fall colors of Upstate NY? ( oh come on - I had to try!)

-What about the Grand Canyon?

-What about heading up into Canada and seeing Niagara Falls (not USA, but oh so close :) )

-Skiing in Vermont?

- I know there is a big cat rescue in Wisconsin :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Miami which is south Florida?

I really enjoyed my time at Washington DC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how much it would cost (probably be expensive :( ), but what about a week in LA - (fly from Heathrow) - and you can visit Disneyland it is smaller than WDW and you would only need 2 or 3 days probably. DTD is amazing, so much better than WDW.

There is also San Diego Sea World - which is much better than Orlando I think - or San Diego Zoo.

San Francisco (Gatwick) is brilliant and you and Dave would love Yosemite

Vegas (Manchester) was different, we didn't like it, but it is an experience - mid week the prices can be quite low. You could always fly into Vegas and then go on to somewhere else, the Grand Canyon was amazing, we did a helicopter tour at sunrise. There is also Hoover Dam, Monument Valley and Death Valley. It will be very hot though, skin tingling hot - without the humidity.

From Manchester you can fly to:

Atlanta - Delta

Charlotte Douglas - US Airways

Chicago O’Hare - American Airlines

Fort Lauderdale - Delta

Las Vegas Mc-Carran - Virgin Atlantic and Delta

New York JFK American Airlines, Delta

New York Newark Continental Airlines

Philadelphia US Airways

As the others have said though, it depends on what you really like or would want to do.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to go back to DC. I haven't been in more years than I can count. And I would thoroughly enjoy all the museums, which we didn't do when I was younger.

But again, it depends on the type of vacation you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    New York in the autumn would be wonderful, id love to visit at that time of year. They have the big zoo in central park too - oh and Buddys cake shop, the cakes on there look absolutely aaaaammmmaaazing!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 260802
    Several questions. What are your interests? What time of year would you be traveling?

If you are interested in history, nothing beats Washington DC. All of the museums are free

My wonderful state of Virginia has toms of history, nature, mountains, oceans. We have it all. Plus I'm here.
    Unfortunately not ALL of the museums are free any longer. The NEWSEUM is actually quite expensive. The Smithsonian is still free but if you wish to visit the Udvar Hazy Air And Space Museum out near Dulles Airport there is a rather hefty parking fee. I also think their may be a fee at the Holocaust Museum.

I do agree with Johnie though about visiting the DC area. There is SO MUCH history here.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the Smoky Mountains area. Asheville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and of course, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Tom (... it's a thought...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh... just had another thought.

Why not peek at the itineraries offered by Adventures by Disney.

Not necessarily to use their service (since they sound quite expensive!) but look at the places they're going and things they're doing.

Just sayin...

Tom (... the Mid-Atlantic one looks good!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast