Thread: US Stamps to feature Disney-Pixar Characters

Post Thanks / Like
    The United States Postal Service will be selling a line of stamps depicting characters from Disney-Pixar movies, beginning August 19th. The characters were chosen for their friendships and family ties. The new stamps are intended to encourage people to connect with loved ones through the mail.

[ATTACH]9158.vB[/ATTACH]

“The Send a Hello Forever stamps are a natural outgrowth of the Art of Disney stamp series issued between 2004 and 2008. Originally intended as a series of three annual issuances depicting friendship, celebration and romance, the Art of Disney stamps proved so popular that the Postal Service expanded the series to include the issuances in 2007 and 2008 to celebrate imagination and magic,” according to a Disney Consumer Products spokesman.

The group of 20 stamps will include five different designs including Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars”; Remy and Linguini from “Ratatouille”; Buzz Lightyear and two of the green, three-eyed aliens from “Toy Story”; Carl Fredricksen and Dug from “Up”; and WALL-E from “WALL-E.”

A first-day-of-issue ceremony will be held at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., with John Lasseter, the studio’s chief creative officer, and Ronald A. Stroman, deputy postmaster general.

Forever stamps can be used anytime, even after the postal service raises rates. They are valid for the current first-class rate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know I really *SQUIRREL* love Up! Sure I cried, but I truly adored that story!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 260822
    Forever stamps can be used anytime, even after the postal service raises rates. They are valid for the current first-class rate.
    NOTE: They cannot be used for International mail however.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 260848
    NOTE: They cannot be used for International mail however.
    Thank you John

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 260828
    You know I really *SQUIRREL* love Up! Sure I cried, but I truly adored that story!
    I looooooove Doug - isnt he just so gorgeous?! I bought Isabelle a toy one when we went last year, he says everything apart from "squirrel" i couldnt believe he didnt say it!

Those stamps are great, wish we had some like that!