Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-Pad

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got an I-Pad for my birthday today, now what do I do with it!!:tongue: It looks cool! It's 16GB btw. Help

Post Thanks / Like
    An easier question would be what can't you do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, ummmmm you could play with it! Yeah! That's it! Have fun! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Really guys, I have no idea. Is it able to be used like a mini computor? can I get on Secrets while I'm in Florida? It has a camera but do you take pictures like your phone? Do I need an app? It doesnt have any real instructions

Post Thanks / Like
    That's very exciting! I would love to offer up suggestions, but I don't have one. Bummer, right?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I honestly don't know either, but yes. I'd say you can use it like a computer. Not sure how it connects to the internet... wifi???

I think catrancher has one...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 261157
    Really guys, I have no idea. Is it able to be used like a mini computor? can I get on Secrets while I'm in Florida? It has a camera but do you take pictures like your phone? Do I need an app? It doesnt have any real instructions
    Okay...

The real question is what can't you do with it!

Yes, it's a mini computer. You can browse the Internet, do email, write books, read books, play games, watch movies, create music, produce movies, etc. The list is endless.

Now, first of all, is it the 3G model or is it strictly Wi-Fi? If it's Wi-Fi only, you'll need to have access to a Wi-Fi network in order to get on the Internet or do email (or Facebook, or, or, or). If it's a 3G + Wi-Fi model, it'll work either through your Wi-Fi network or the cell network (as long as you pay AT&T or Verizon for the time).

Second question, since you're on Secrets, I assume you have a computer. Is it a Windows one or a Mac. Whichever it is, you'll need iTunes. You'll use iTunes on your computer to do the initial setup of your iPad and then you'll sync your iPad with your computer from time to time to make sure everything on your iPad is up to date. It also makes it so that your music, movies, photos, apps, etc. are located both on your iPad and also on your computer. A safe backup if you will.

In the meantime, check out the iPad Guided Tours here. They'll give you a pretty good idea of the kinds of things you can do!

/

Tom(... you'll like it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont have an i pad so cant help you with that but;

from sara

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 261192
    Okay...

The real question is what can't you do with it!

Yes, it's a mini computer. You can browse the Internet, do email, write books, read books, play games, watch movies, create music, produce movies, etc. The list is endless.

Now, first of all, is it the 3G model or is it strictly Wi-Fi? If it's Wi-Fi only, you'll need to have access to a Wi-Fi network in order to get on the Internet or do email (or Facebook, or, or, or). If it's a 3G + Wi-Fi model, it'll work either through your Wi-Fi network or the cell network (as long as you pay AT&T or Verizon for the time).

Second question, since you're on Secrets, I assume you have a computer. Is it a Windows one or a Mac. Whichever it is, you'll need iTunes. You'll use iTunes on your computer to do the initial setup of your iPad and then you'll sync your iPad with your computer from time to time to make sure everything on your iPad is up to date. It also makes it so that your music, movies, photos, apps, etc. are located both on your iPad and also on your computer. A safe backup if you will.

In the meantime, check out the iPad Guided Tours here. They'll give you a pretty good idea of the kinds of things you can do!

/

Tom(... you'll like it!)
    Bless you!!! It just says 16GB. So I'm guessing that i need WiFi, which I've never used before. i have Windows as well. I will check that out (guided tours).

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. If you've got Windows, you'll need iTunes for Windows if you don't have it already. You can download it here.

You say you haven't used Wi-Fi before? Don't you have wireless at your house? Or is your internet connection wired? If it's wired, you'd need to add a wireless router or access point. Fortunately, that's pretty easy to do. But then it would beg the question of "does your normal computer you use daily" have wireless capability?

Tom(... so many questions!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast