Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Disney still have the "Disney Magic"

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't been since 1990, I know that a lot of things willl have changed, but I was wondering, does Disney still have the magic we felt when we went 21 years ago.

I've heard our friends say that it's lost it's sparkle recently.

What do you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall yes, Disney still has the "Magic" but with anything things do change. One thing you will notice is that sometimes certain attractions may not be open as long as the rest of the park is or that it may be closed during certain slower seasons (example: Carousel of Progress). Like any other corporation Disney has been bit by the slow economy.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    i have nothing to compare it to as i went for the first time last year.
    all i can say is i have never experienced anything like it it was just amazing!!
    now we are going again next year and i must try not to say 'oh last time' or 'when we came before'
    i think if you go and just enjoy yourself, dont forget you are taking someone with you who wasnt there last time you went and with that it will be sooooo magical you will probably cry although not too much cos it will blur your vision and you might miss something

Post Thanks / Like
    It does for us, it is our favorite destination by far. The magic for us is that we're together, we can relax( yes, we do relax in Disney) We have our meals together. We try ,to let the little things bother us, we're thankful for every meal we don't have to prepare and clean up. If the lines are long it's our decision to go or stay.Just seeing the lights on Main Street makes it magic for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been 11 times now and it's still got bucketfulls of magic for me
    I still get teary at certain shows/fireworks or just seeing children interact with characters.....get a different type of teary eyed when I have to come home though!

Post Thanks / Like
    As with all things, time changes and it is very different from the first few times we went.

I don't think it has lost it's magic, but things have definitely changed sadly and some not for the better

It will be magical for you because you haven't been for so long, so don't worry, you will have a lovely time

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely Agree With ISafari Disney land is a place where you get an magical experience!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this make sense but Disney still have magic and it keeps changing, I guess it like a tide, some days there are some elements of magic and other days it is full of magic and it is the most 'magical' place.

We have been four/ five times and never ever once felt that our time over there is up nor felt ho hum..... What are we doing here.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and no, I've had some lovely CMs but am about to be talking to the housekeeping manager at OKW, bathroom cleanliness especially is not up to scratch . I have never had an issue with that at Disney and have stayed at value to deluxe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 261816
    Yes and no, I've had some lovely CMs but am about to be talking to the housekeeping manager at OKW, bathroom cleanliness especially is not up to scratch . I have never had an issue with that at Disney and have stayed at value to deluxe.
    Hope you get somewhere with housekeeping, that really isn't very good

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast