Thread: What Airport from Gatwick to Orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago, we flew into Miami and drove up to Orlando. I don't fancy this with a 3 year old, so I was wondering what airport you fly into, I understand there are 2, I know about the main one, but where is the other one?

Which one would you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    The other one is Sanford which is a little bit further out from the Disney area than the main MCO airport. I've only ever flown into MCO as we always use Virgin flights. Apparently Sanford is less busy and takes less time to get through but only charter airlines fly in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks, charter flights, that's Thompson, Thomas Cook, companies like that isn't it

I would love to be able to fly with Virgin as we did last time and it was a fantastic experience, but I've heard they've gone downhill a bit as they tighten their belts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Monarch fly in to sfb. From lgw. They are very good. My friend has just returned and flew with virgin. He wasn't too impressed with the service.

But I am byest as I work for monarch. They have just announced that they will be flying to orlando all year round to.

Kate

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive only ever flown with virgin into orlando international too

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently flew Monarch to Cyprus which is about 4 hours and it was ok, though I'd definitely need a wider seat if on a longer flight - bit of a tight squeeze and I'm pretty average width. Mr A was very uncomfortable with the armrest down and definitely would not put up with such a small space on a longer flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monarch have a premium cabin. with wider seats. But I don't know about the rear cabin. As the sfb flights are on the a330 which is the long haul aircraft. Maybe they are different seats from the other aircraft in the monarch fleet.

Kate

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend international not the Stanford. Especially if you are not driving and Disney magical express is wonderful thing to use as it does put you in the 'Disney mood'

I flew with Monarch once and sadly we vowed not to fly with them again. For Orlando it always Virgin.

The bonus for us with virgin is twilight zone check in at Gatwick.

Post Thanks / Like
    we flew virgin last year and have booked with virgin again for next year. i thought it was great last year so fingers crossed we will be just as pleased next year

Post Thanks / Like
    The other option is BA gatwick to Tampa which is an hour /hour and a half away.