Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene is about to arrive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 261795
    Glad yo hear you are safe and with power! Richmond seems to have gotten the worst when it comes to losing power. Dept. of Emergency Management just announced that if you are without power now then you may be out for almost 2 weeks. I have been very lucky and we haven't lost power at all.
    Thank goodness, please be careful

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 261785
    Hi John,
    Trying my best. Actually just looking out at the storm surge in backyard. About a foot higher than Isobel a few years back. We are in much better shape..knock wood. Have as yet to loose power. Most around here can't say that. 800,000 in VA without it.

Last storm lost power for 10 days. I was blowin pretty good today, steadily, some really strong gusts, but think the worst is over now. Wind still blowing and we are still getting some heavy rain, but eye has just moved north of us of VA beach.

Feel really lucky, I was fearing the worst initially.

Cheers
    Dan
    Dan, glad to hear you have weathered the storm. I'm sure it was stronger down there that it was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 261795
    Glad yo hear you are safe and with power! Richmond seems to have gotten the worst when it comes to losing power. Dept. of Emergency Management just announced that if you are without power now then you may be out for almost 2 weeks. I have been very lucky and we haven't lost power at all.
    Two weeks is absurd.

We managed to escape for the most part. Our sunroom is leaking though.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We're able to watch coverage on Fox News here. There are stupid people on a pier in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    So pleased to hear our US friends are safe... We have just helped out a stranded family from another villa our MC look after as the owner has back to back guests as their flight has been cancelled and next available one is Friday and the local hotels are as to be expected over charging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 261742
    I'm just outside of Richmond and we have a tropical storm warning for tomorrow. It's supposed to be a Cat 1 down near the beach (I'm about 100 miles inland).

Lots of stuff around here is closed tomorrow afternoon and night. I went and got gas earlier, I must have missed the memo stating I need to get lots of gas cans and fill them up
    people filling up gas cans usually means they have a generator at home

Right now we are getting some wind gusts and some heavy, pounding rain. Not too bad so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am thinking of you all - stay safe!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went out a little while ago to get some stuff for my parents since their power is out and it is utter madness out there! Lots and lots of traffic, the stores, gas stations and restaurants are PACKED!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our village just declared a state of emergency due to flooding and high winds. Lots of roads closed and the thruway is even closed from exit 24 down.

I will now go make popcorn and put in a movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 261849
    Our village just declared a state of emergency due to flooding and high winds. Lots of roads closed and the thruway is even closed from exit 24 down.

I will now go make popcorn and put in a movie.
    Look after yourself and those beautiful babies Shelly, please let us know how you are, must be very scarey for you all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 261851
    Look after yourself and those beautiful babies Shelly, please let us know how you are, must be very scary for you all
    We are just fine, thank you We are all cuddled up watching movies and eating junk! We are just going to stay in the house and stay safe. We check every so often to make sure there is no damage and so far we are good.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast