Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help/Advice Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday, Jon and I had gone out for a bit and when we came home we noticed this bird strutting around in our yard...we actually thought it was pretty cool because it was interesting looking with it's long legs and shaggy coat; we assumed it had wandered into the yard (garden) from the marsh and since we are fenced on one side, perhaps it couldn't find it's way out. We opened the gate up and went inside thinking that would be the end of it.

Sunday - Andrew went out to unlock the storage shed so Baleigh could get her bike out, and it was still there...Jon went out and noticed that it's left wing appeared to be injured. It wandered 'round our yard all morning, but come afternoon, we didn't see it again...we assumed it had left.

Today, I took Harley outside this morning for his morning "constitutional" and when he went 'round the corner, he went mad...I started over there to see what it was he was barking at, and there he was barking like a madman, but backing up like he was TERRIFIED (my dog is quite the wuss)...the bird was coming towards him...sort of beaking and hissing....

I brought Harley back in, because I didn't want either of them to get hurt, but now I don't know what to do. I think the bird is obviously hurt, but I can't really let it stay in my yard because then I can't let Harley out....

Does anyone know what sort of bird it is? Or can anyone give advice on what I should do? I'm not an animal person (please don't judge) to be quite honest...most animals frighten the hell out of me....so at the moment, I'm a little stressed out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Over here we have an organisation called RSPB [Royal Society for the Protection of Birds] and they would be my first port of call. Do you have anything similar "over there" Anne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you weren't in Connecticut I would have said that was a Roadrunner.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow no idea what that is, I bet someone will know but I'm with Harley! It looks scary
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 25166
    Over here we have an organisation called RSPB [Royal Society for the Protection of Birds] and they would be my first port of call. Do you have anything similar "over there" Anne.

I shall do a search, Terry...thank you for that advice. The only thing that came to mind immediately was Animal Control....but I don't think I want to ring them :(

Dawn, we had Roadrunners in Texas...and you're right, it does look quite similiar.

Keith...Harley notwithstanding, you should have seen my hands shaking when I sneaked out to snap a picture...I stood as far as I could, used my 1000x zoom and was STILL terrified it was going to attack me. Guess the dog doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    don't know how big your fence is but if ithat stripe on the fence is over 5ft that is definitely a velociraptor you've got there

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what kind of bird that is, but he sure is cute :p015:

Ok that isn't the point, I know. I would just call animal control. When you tell them you have a hurt bird they will get in contact with the right people and then someone will come and get the poor thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 25178
    don't know how big your fence is but if ithat stripe on the fence is over 5ft that is definitely a velociraptor you've got there
    I'm crying..honestly. You are too funny..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 25178

See there Shelly...you see cute...I see stomach wrenching scary....I don't know why...can't explain it....when we thought we'd just "spotted" it, I thought it was cool....now that's it's hanging around, it's creeping me out...

I've called Jon, he doesn't want to call animal control - he wants to have his mom come over this evening and help him "catch it"

Are you freakin' kidding me? And then what?

Post Thanks / Like
    ebay then - sell it as a bargain - its worth 2 in the bush

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast