Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Help/Advice Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 25454
    Sorry if Id known it was a heron I'd have been more humane.

I've seen the ads

Heron can really screw you up

:dozey:

I agree DB....we all should be afraid. Very afraid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 25454
    Sorry if Id known it was a heron I'd have been more humane.

I've seen the ads

Heron can really screw you up

Post Thanks / Like
    oh wow, it's a baby heron? we've been mean about a baby heron ~ poor thing :(

and as for the mad doctor - it's quite worrying

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca have Jon double check on the status of the bird. Green Heron is a protected species in many states.

That little fluff ball is probably scared to death, starving and surely slated to die if it isn't rescued.

It won't "hurt" you, but the beak is nasty and it will try to defend itself, so be very wary.

I'm pretty surprised that an animal rescue place told you to catch it yourselves.

Take care nad don't feel bad about anything. If it were a baby snake I'd not go near it or see it as anything cute at all.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If your Mother-in-law and Dh are going to catch this thing tonight..could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take a video for us!!!

I think this would be well worth watching over and over :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 25505
    Becca have Jon double check on the status of the bird. Green Heron is a protected species in many states.

That little fluff ball is probably scared to death, starving and surely slated to die if it isn't rescued.

It won't "hurt" you, but the beak is nasty and it will try to defend itself, so be very wary.

I'm pretty surprised that an animal rescue place told you to catch it yourselves.

Take care nad don't feel bad about anything. If it were a baby snake I'd not go near it or see it as anything cute at all.
    I will definitely give them a ring and double check although Jon *did* say they only confirmed it was a Heron, couldn't be sure of what type....but regardless...I wouldn't want the wee thing to die...

Our local rescue would have come out and caught the bird itself; however apparently the Westport/Greenwich locations have a policy against such due to "liability issues"...our local rescue isn't open again until tomorrow; and quite frankly I'm not sure if it will last that long :(

I've given it water, although I'm not sure if it's drinking it....it's pretty much stayed put in the underbrush all afternoon (prob for the best since it's quite warm).

I will stay QUITE clear of it's beak....no worries!!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone....I'll let you know what happens!

Shelly....VIDEO!?!?! OH YES!

Post Thanks / Like
    to you.....having to deal with the monster in law and the scary bird!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca but did I laugh . I just came back from my MIL's . We were there allllllllllllllllllll day . Dad is back to his same old , same old . I got him up by threatning with the ambulance .
    I really hope you get this on video . You may be able to submit it to America's Funniest Home Video . Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a *thing* about birds.... Nice enough to look at, at a distance...:shocked025:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    The bird saga has concluded without incident. Jon's mother came over for dinner tonight to help Jon corral the poor thing. Actually it was a bit anticlimactic....the poor thing is obviously so ill or injured that it didn't even put up a fight (though it did beak at the MIL when she got a bit too close to the crate ) They were able to move the crate right in practically on top of him, and then they just sort of "shooed" it inside....

It is currently on the deck covered over with a blanket until Jon can deliver it to the nature center tomorrow...

Thanks for all the advice and humour...it was priceless!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast