Thread: how much money should i take to wdw for 14 days ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could some one please help me. I am just sorting out our spendies for our trip, but I. Really don't know how much to take,
    We haven't got a dining plan, but we are staying akl club room so we will be making the most of the contintal breakfast, but we really don't know how much things will cost.

There is 3 of us, my husband me and my 3 year old son. We have brought a kids eat free card.

Any advice would be helpful.

Kate

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a family of 4 we normal take 2000, we buy our tickets before we leave, we stay in a villa so we do all our food shopping at a local walmart.
    We have been 4 times now and the dollar rate has gone up and down over the years. On our last time in 2010 we took our normal 2000 but came home with half.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're staying AKL club then they have more than just breakfast items. They put things out at lunch and dinner as well. I'm not sure if you can make a full meal out of the offerings but I think they may have more than you anticipate. Someone will come along and tell us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you intend to stay right at wdw without venturing forth? If so then definitely prepare to spend a goodly amount on food and drink. Plan on ten dollars per person for breakfast, about fifteen or more for lunch and a solid thirty per person for dinner. Add snacks and drinks throughout the day to that total. If you drink alcohol add another twenty minimum per person per day.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we took $3000 dollars as we wanted to do some shopping over there (Florida Mall) just to echo others here foods and drinksncan be quite expensive so try and set a daily budget.

Post Thanks / Like
    we spent around $2000 that was just spending money as all tickets were purchased while in the uk.
    we are 2 adults and 2 children [9,12] we satayed in a villa, we ate out nearly every day, stopping in for a couple of meals and only going out for a couple of breakfasts. we had a breakfast at tusker house AK this cost over$100 !and a meal at garden grill epcot this cost over$140! and lunch at sci fi diner around $60! all oter meals out were quite reasonable.
    we didnt go to crazy with shopping but we all got kitted out with timberland boots. spent a fortune on pins! which i didnt expect:tongue:
    we were careful but had what we wanted with $2000
    saved money in the parks by using bottles of water that we filled up around the parks

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually budget around $100 per day for food and drink when we go on holiday the plus a bit more for buying souvenirs etc. Our park tickets are always brought before we go so this isn't taken out of our spending money and if we are doing any activities out there I plan on how much they will be if I can and make sure we have the money for that.
    Have a look a the park menus and get a rough idea of how much your lunches and dinners will be, I did that when we went DLRP this year and it helped to know which places to avoid if they were too expensive

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not unusual for us to blow through $100-200 just for our evening meal, including drinks. However, we normally do no eat a lot for breakfast or lunch either.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix