Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I found my thrill....On blueberry hill....

Post Thanks / Like
    I love blueberrys. I often pop them in pancake batter just before cooking them. To make blueberry syrup warm 225grams and 125ml mapel syrup in a pan until the blueberrys pop. Its lush.

Post Thanks / Like
    no, no, no Johnie never drives anything when she's been hanging out with the Captain!

Now, I am sure there are all sorts of lovely pictures of me from 1988 with big hair and too much eye makeup around somewhere.......but my friends don't usually get pictures of me now...

Oh wait! BRB

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    A lovely night at Joe's Crab Shack

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now where on EARTH did you dig that one up!!!?!? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaberry, post: 25450
    So *thats* where the mini van went....

KRISTA!!! We've found the mini van!!!
    Oh so that's WHERE she parked it!!! LOL!!!

I have an awesome crock pot blueberry cobbler recipe from Paula Deen....
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaberry, post: 25804
    Now where on EARTH did you dig that one up!!!?!? LOL
    I found all sorts of things on my picturetrail account

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 25819
    Oh so that's WHERE she parked it!!! LOL!!!

I have an awesome crock pot blueberry cobbler recipe from Paula Deen....
    Can I have it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE crockpot recipes :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Figment! I can't believe you posted Blueberry Buckle! :D As I was reading this thread, I was thinking that Becca needed a good recipe for Blueberry Buckle and presto, there it was! Great minds and all that.

If you make a savoury sauce out of wine, butter, shallot, some sort of hot pepper, blueberries go very nice in it. It's nice with pork. A different take on using berries, eh? Works well with cherries (only use sherry instead) and also with raspberries (they pair nicely with chipotles).

Blueberry pie or tarts (ooooh, tarts!) use a lot of berries and they are wicked!

I'm not a huge fan of muffins. :( Like a light and fluffy blueberry pancake from time to time.

OH!!! Blueberry conserve!! :9: MUST make some of that for Thanksgiving! It's wonderful as a little side relish!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is.... I just used blueberries, none of the others. I had frozen 2 gallon sized bags of fresh berries. So I just used 30oz of blueberries. And instead of using plain white sugar in the topping, I used brown sugar..

Filling:
    1 (10-ounce) bag frozen strawberries
    1 (10-ounce) bag frozen blueberries
    1 (10-ounce) bag frozen raspberries
    1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on your level of preferred sweetness
    1/2 cup baking mix
    Topping:
    2 1/4 cups baking mix
    1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
    4 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/2 cup milk
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
    In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the frozen fruit, sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix. Transfer the fruit to the slow cooker. In another large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon. With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the slow cooker. Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.

Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    What size crock, please? :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast