Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all

First proper posting on the website :-) hope you're all well?

Looking for a consensus please:

I've booked, in secret, two weeks in Florida next September. I haven't told the wife yet as I want to it be a huge surprise. The dilemma though is this: do I tell her on a) her birthday b) at Christmas c) on valentine's d) our anniversary ? They are all between now and our holiday....

We have both been before a few times, and we are both huge fans, so going back will be something really to look forward to..

Anyway, hope to hear from you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! Any of the four options would be amazing BUT, my opinion is.... on birthdays and Christmas, you normally receive gifts etc from others too. On Valentine's Day and your anniversary, it would pack more of a punch as it would only be yourself giving to your wife.

Does that make sense It does in my head

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree! Valentine or Anniversary

You could do a big puzzle game on the day as she would have to work it out maybe write 6 clues and give it to her every hour?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish my husband would do something like that
    When is your anniversary? I suppose it all depends on how long you can last without telling her

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Thanks for your suggestions. Anniversary is June next year so a long time to wait.. Thinking Valentines might be best...? Not sure I can keep it a secret much longer than that! Six months feels like a long time to keep something that big quiet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would tell her on your Anniversary. This would give you plenty of time to put together everything. Give her one small gift to open up for a few days before your anniversary (hint gifts) and then on your day the final gift could have park passes, park maps, reservations for dinning, maybe a reservation for a spa service, etc for her to open.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for Valentine's day Nothing says love like a WDW vacation!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! What a nice surprise!

I think the anniversary or Valentine's Day is a great idea. I think I like the St. Valentine's Day idea the best. It's a pretty impressive gift though. How you going to "top" it next time?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping that it will be a big enough surprise that I get enough brownie points to last a few years It's either that or save for a 'round the world trip'....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Valentine's Day idea myself.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast