Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy to announce.....

Post Thanks / Like
    After shellyamc posted their amazing news it reminded me I hadn't shared our news either.
    We are expecting also, baby due in February if all goes well. This now means our holiday next year will include an 8 month old.
    Any tips for taking a young infant out to WDW will be greatly appreciated (especially the flight)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, another Secrets baby! Congratulations Sue, so pleased for you

Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic news!

congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    congratulations sue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Sue!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no..maybe everyone should stop drinking the water

Just kidding :D Congratulations!!!

No tips on taking the little one to WDW, I was not brave enough myself Although after the kids get done with this first trip, I don't think they will ever stop asking to go. I might be taking the baby as soon as we can make the trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh! Another Secrets baby boom! I do believe Dawn's first trip with Steven was with a young baby (I think he was a bit older than 8 months old, though.) so she may have some tips!

I met a lot of babies whilst I worked at Disney and I have to say the best idea I saw was to have a stroller that fits a detachable carrier on it, so that the baby carrier can just be detached from the 'wheels' and carried into shows etc.

Many guests used to get annoyed that they had to wake up their young babies or have someone wait outside because we couldn't allow strollers into the theatre.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yaaaay, another Secrets baby!
    Congratulations Sue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, well, well!!! Congratulations to you!

I believe Steven was 7 months old when he first visited WDW. Dawn did a great job of describing all the important bits!

I'll share some of mine (no stranger to taking babies to WDW). Get a GOOD stroller. One that will allow the child to sleep, and lay flat. YOu may want to try and get a light colored one (although February isn't too terribly hot) because the black ones absorb the heat and make it that much hotter for the baby.

Keep to the schedule and protect that little tummy. Bring your own food, don't give in to the park food. Seriously. This is my most valuable tip. I am firm believer that park food will upset a child's stomach quite easily, so we avoid it at all costs preferring to carry in our own.

Make great use of the Baby Care Centers. They are fabulous. Our favorite was the one in EPCOT, although MK has a nice one too. The other two parks are fine, although we never did use DHS's.

Don't push the child to characters. Let her/him decide if the character is one that s/he wants to get close to. Go on all the "little kid rides!" Little children seem to really love Small World. :D

Take photos so you remember the utter joy of a babe at WDW. They do too love the experience!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast