Thread: Back from it all and loved OKW

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved OKW. We had read such mixed reviews about OKW,that I was getting quite worried about it all. Well let me say all doubts totally unfounded. Relaxed, laid back and no stress. It is spread out and we were fortunate enough to be close by in building 27. But the atmosphere is just so relaxed. People seem like their on holiday, no rushing around . But laying around the pool having lunch and reading.
    Let me say as well that the staff are so helpful. Lily's "teddy" from being tiny (it's really a beanie baby ghost!) called Bubby got mixed up in the sheets by mousekeeping and went AWOL around the laundry rooms of WDW. But the staff could not have been more helpful and sympathetic to the situation. Full descriptions were emailed to all sites and we were called every day. Bubby appeared alot cleaner than he left 3 days later. Lily was more concerned he didn't smell right, I personally feel he had his own lost weekend

I also think that this will be our last Park holiday. We hardly spent anytime in the actual parks. We did alot of Disney but not the parks. Does that sound mad. And I don't think I could do August again. It was soooooooooo hot. I kept thinking about Tink and Josh. Tink who lives it year in and year out but Josh who had to come into it and work. We have been in August before a couple of times but I prefer October time, which we have done as well.

Best moment and there's been loads

Sitting in La Hacienda at Epcot watching the fireworks whilst eating a delicious meal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Siobhan so pleased you enjoyed it! We thought OKW was lovely too and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere and the green surroundings. The only thing for us is that we were wanting to go to the parks a lot, and of course you can't get to a park other than on a bus. But if you aren't doing the parks so much, then it is lovely. The quiet pools were great and Olivia's was lovely to sit outside and have a meal. The little boat to downtown was great too.

Funny you said you wouldn't do August again - we wouldn't do January again as it was FAR too cold!

So happy to hear little Bubby turned up safe and sound after his grand adventure!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yaya brilliant to hear you had such a great time OKW is still on my list to do, one of the few we haven't stayed at but would love to!

I hear you about the parks too, we spent hardly any time at the parks in May and I'm not sure we'll spend much time there in December!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally found the heat just too much Deb. And I have done Cyprus, Spain and a heatwave in already hot Greece all in August. But it was intense. Never tried Jan but at least your doing May next year.

I am so glad I am not alone Keith. I love that Disney has to offer but found more enjoyment from OKW and the other resorts. Have to say Wilderness lodge is on my "to do". It was just fantastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you had a good time and enjoyed OKW! The heat is definitely intense! I agree with you Siobhan - overall we did less park time this year. I think it helps that over almost three weeks we only really do Disney with a couple of outside days, have no interest in doing Universal etc. There is just so much other stuff to do in and around the resorts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you enjoyed it I love the style of the resort and we are perfectly placed. Will reveal the room number when I get back. Unfortunately the bathroom was filthy when we got here, I had to ask them to come re clean it, still not good though. They shoukd have refurbished the bathrooms at the same time as the rest of the time. General cleanliness around the unit is not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you had a good time. Hurrah for the safe return of Bubby. We were very impressed with the housekeeping staff when we stayed there.
    [CENTER]