Thread: boats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know where the boats go between the magic kingdom and which resorts please?

complicated plans are being made but we need to know if the boat goes everywhere like between the contemporary and poly and wilderness lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    Partly. The resort launches provide transportation between the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, the Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness.

Oddly enough, the Contemporary isn't on the list.

We've used them in the past for our transportation from the Wilderness Lodge to the Grand Floridian for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts!

Tom (... sailing, sailing )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 261979
    Partly. The resort launches provide transportation between the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, the Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness.

Oddly enough, the Contemporary isn't on the list.

We've used them in the past for our transportation from the Wilderness Lodge to the Grand Floridian for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts!

Tom (... sailing, sailing )
    Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge boat stop at the Contemporary? I thought I read something about that.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 261982
    Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge boat stop at the Contemporary? I thought I read something about that.
    I thought it did too John. But I checked on Disney's site about the boat transportation and the contemporary isn't listed. Kind of bizarre considering you have to go right past it to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

Edit: just checked again. Nope. Per this page about the transportation at the Contemporary.

Tom (... maybe they just forgot to include it on the web page? )

Post Thanks / Like
    It did used to for sure as I've done it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 261986
    I thought it did too John. But I checked on Disney's site about the boat transportation and the contemporary isn't listed. Kind of bizarre considering you have to go right past it to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

Edit: just checked again. Nope. Per this page about the transportation at the Contemporary.

Tom (... maybe they just forgot to include it on the web page? )
    There are two smaller boats that go between The Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground. If you want one of the larger boats to the Magic Kingdom those only stop at Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground.

If you aren't in a hurry you could catch one of the boats from The Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and then catch a boat to MK.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I stayed with friends at Fort Wilderness in July. There was a boat that shuttled from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge to the Contemporary. (From there we got on the monorail to go to the Polynesian).

There was another boat that shuttled from Fort Wilderness directly to MK.

There should be a boat that shuttles directly from Contemporary to MK, or you can just hop on the monorail.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 262040
    There should be a boat that shuttles directly from Contemporary to MK
    This is no longer offered.

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 262055
    This is no longer offered.

Monorail it is! LOL!

It's wild riding the boat from FW. The lake is built over the tunnel that the resort busses go under to get to the bus corral up by the entrance to MK!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 262076
    It's wild riding the boat from FW. The lake is built over the tunnel that the resort busses go under to get to the bus corral up by the entrance to MK!
    I used to love going over that in the little water boats when I was younger.

Upcoming Vacations: