Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Airlines?

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK - the way it is worded on AA's website is kind of odd - but I think you won't have to pay.

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#000066" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="regularText" valign="top">Travel to/through/from Europe and Asia </td> <td class="regularText" valign="top">One bag carry-on. No charge
    Two bags checked. No charge</td></tr></tbody></table>

• Customers originating travel in the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada and traveling to an international destination beyond the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada
    • Customers originating travel outside the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada and traveling to an international destination

I am on Northwest and I know I don't - have taken a printout from their website in case I get any grief!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm ringing their customer services tomorrow regarding Owen so I'll ask about the baggage at the same time. Thanks for the help everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update - There will be no baggage fee as we are on an international ticket from Heathrow to Orlando via Chicago and they have made a note of Owen's condition on their system!

One less thing to worry about!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope their flight crew is better than their customer service people! I have had the most horrendous customer service with them. I am flying to CA with them next week. I booked before they made the announcement about charging for a bag but I swear I bet we'll be charged anyway. I will never, ever book them again based on how their customer service people acted on several different occasions.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I flew quite regularly with AA when on business trips to the States and Mexico, flying from Manchester to Chicago and the onto my final destinations via a connecting flight. I never had any complaints with them and their business class seats were among the best I`ve ever been on.
    You could almost have a game of tennis between your seat and the one in front of you there was so much legroom.

Our installation engineers who mainly flew economy also rated AA very highly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 26176
    Update - There will be no baggage fee as we are on an international ticket from Heathrow to Orlando via Chicago and they have made a note of Owen's condition on their system!

One less thing to worry about!
    Thats good to know. One less thing to worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12