Thread: Disneyland Paris Ticket Prices Expected to Increase Dramatically

Post Thanks / Like
    Ticket prices at Disneyland Paris are expected to soar after President Nicolas Sarkozy last week announced a huge increase in the sales tax paid by the sector.

His announcement comes at a crucial time for operator Euro Disney, as it is hoping to attract bumper crowds next year for the 20th anniversary of its Paris theme park.

The increase will push up sales tax on French theme parks from 5.5 per cent to 19.6 per cent. It is part of a package of measures designed to reduce the country’s deficit and help it retain its valuable AAA credit rating.

The deficit is pr ojected to fall from 7.1 per cent to 5.7 per cent by the end of 2011, thanks to measures that are due to raise €12 billion (£10.6 billion) over the next two years. They also include tax increases on high earners, alcohol, tobacco and sugared drinks.

Disneyland Paris attracted 15 million visitors last year, making it Europe’s most-visited theme park. Its prices are already regarded as high – a two-day adult ticket costs £108 compared with £40 at Staffordshire’s AltonTowers, Britain’s most-visited theme park.

Disneyland Paris notched up a five per cent increase in attendance in the nine months to June.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    That could put a HUGE crunch on visitors

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    i cant see that helping at all.
    a few years back we were going to go to dlp but decided it was too expensive for just a couple of days break, that was when we decided to go to wdw for the first time. [last easter]
    if it will be even more expensive, no chance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least no one can blame Disney for this price increase.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure that I read somewhere that it does not hit Disneyland Paris until 2013 or something as Disney already include the tax and likely to absorb the increase etc

Dont quote me though....