Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor operation

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I am going into hospital tomorrow for a minor operation and should be home tomorrow. No work for two weeks

I am just wondering if anyone here know of a good cream that heals scar? There are so many information on the internet and I am not sure which product is suitable.

I was told that bio-oil is not good for scar......

Any tips would be very welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I've ever heard of using to help erase scarring is cocoa butter. The actual bar, not a product that contains it. It used to come in a small bar like white chocolate and you simply rubbed it over the scar several times daily (or stretch mark).

Not honestly sure how well it works, though.

I know there must be newer products out now.

Be safe, and good luck to you with the surgery. Sending every good wish that you recover fully, and fast!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    all the best jeff, i was suppose to be having my gall bladder op tomorow but i have put it on hold for a few weeks to settle in to my new job, although last night i nearly cut my gall bladder out it was so painful!!!
    when i do have the surgery i will not put anything on it until it heals about 2-3 weeks, then i will put some aloe vera gel on it every day.
    i have had 5 operations on my tummy over the last 5 years and i do scar quite bad. i think times is the best medicne. [my bikini days are well over]
    i have used bio oil and it is a good moisteriser but cos it is an oil it ruins your clothes, aloe vera gel doesnt. i get mine from holland and barrat.
    all the best, i will be thinking of you, sara

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 262366
    all the best jeff, i was suppose to be having my gall bladder op tomorow but i have put it on hold for a few weeks to settle in to my new job, although last night i nearly cut my gall bladder out it was so painful!!!
    when i do have the surgery i will not put anything on it until it heals about 2-3 weeks, then i will put some aloe vera gel on it every day.
    i have had 5 operations on my tummy over the last 5 years and i do scar quite bad. i think times is the best medicne. [my bikini days are well over]
    i have used bio oil and it is a good moisteriser but cos it is an oil it ruins your clothes, aloe vera gel doesnt. i get mine from holland and barrat.
    all the best, i will be thinking of you, sara
    Thanks for the tip and good luck with setting in your new job.

Hopefully your op won't be too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    just want to say good luck hope everything goes well :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope all goes well. I though Bio oil was good for scars, think you can get some type of patch as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck for tomorrow - wishing you a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 262395
    Will have a look when I get back from the hospital tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast